2001 21V Ballast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 21V Ballast

Just bought a 2001 21V, but it does not have any ballast.

How much would I need for wakesurfing? How about for wakeboarding. I have seen some pictures here of some pretty extreme weight on a 21V, do I have to load it down that much?

I probably won't have alot of people in the boat when we go out, we are the only ones with an inboard in this area.

So what is the collective wisdom for weighting an older 21V? I don't know if I can afford to do an automated system this year. Can I buy ballast sacs to manually fill and then upgrade next year? Or would that require getting all new ballast sacs as well?

Thanks,

-jhillard-

J,

I'll leave the weight distribution rec's to those with 21V's, but I think I can address some of your other questions.

Many of those new to the tow boat market, whether its surfing or wake-boarding, will manually fill their sacs for the first season. After that, their ready to plumb the sacs in. So, you are going down the normal path. We routinely plumb in the very same sacs that where manually filled the season before. The Fly High sacs all have the same threaded ports, whether its a standard sac, semi-custom or full custom of our own design.

So, if plumbing in the system in the near future is your plan, then try to choose sacs that will fit your needs now and later, when you are ready to plumb. If you do that, then there is no need to purchase new sacs. All that needs to be done in regards to the sacs, is to swap out the fittings.

Hope this helps.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by jhillard View Post
      Just bought a 2001 21V, but it does not have any ballast.

How much would I need for wakesurfing? How about for wakeboarding. I have seen some pictures here of some pretty extreme weight on a 21V, do I have to load it down that much?-jhillard-
      I have a 1999 21V and I load it down with 2100 lbs of ballast. I have a custom enzo sac that holds 1400 lbs on the surf side and then the U-shape bow sac that holds 600 lbs. That is about the max amount of ballast I would run with for our boat before getting into trouble. Now if I have a bunch of people out with me, then I don't fill the sacs all the way full. Just as long as you keep the water line on the surf side a few inches below the rub rail, then you should be fine.

As for wakeboarding, I run 1400 lbs. Two 400 lbs sacs in the v lockers and then the 600 lbs in the bow sac.

Comment

i just ordered a set up for my 2001 21v from Chpthril. 1- 750lb in each rear locker and a 650lb bow sac. I'll let you kow how it goes......

Comment

Bow sac?

is your Bow sac in the walkway or under the seats (wrap-around), I am trying to rig up the same boat

thanks,, mike

Comment

Originally posted by mikes View Post
            is your Bow sac in the walkway or under the seats (wrap-around), I am trying to rig up the same boat

thanks,, mike
            The bow sac will be hidden under the seat

Comment

I am looking to add ballast to my 2001 2100v LTD...Can we bring this back with some tags on threads that show the installs specifically for for 2001 21/2100vs? My boat weighs 3750lbs dry.... and I would like to add about 1500-2000lbs after talking to ACME and reading some posts. Boat has the ACME 1847 prop and is ready or ballast now... Already reached out to chpthril and hopefully he can get back to me with everything I need soon.. I want to plumb it all and have it all concealed.. I am OCD about having everything put away and hidden.

infotom... which sacks did you end up going with? Could you provide me with some part numbers or names at least.. Doesn't seem like much room under the front bow seats... all the sacs that I have seen look to big to fit underneath. Anyway, looking forward to hearing from the TigeOwners! Thanks for everyones' help as always!

Comment

I purchased the whole 'kit' from chpthril. I'll dig through my paperwork to find you part numbers. Yea the bow sac is bigger than needed , It fits well and I fill it as much as I can.....

Comment

thanks inform... appreciate it bro!!! Hey, when you outfitted your boat did you have any big problems? Would you be able to post some photos of your install?

I don't think there is anything different from out pat besides the fact that mine had different interior and to tower stock... other that that we have the same boat, right?

Lastly, about how much did the whole thing run ya???

Comment

Working...
                  X