Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting effect with new side-to-side transfer pumps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome! I love it when something can be fixed for almost no $!

Comment

Did you cut new ports in your sacs to do this or did you have unused ports?

Comment

All of this got me thinking whether Tige could/would add crossover pumps to their automated factory-installed systems. It'd be nice to lower that side-to-side transfer time.

Comment

Originally posted by wired1236 View Post
          Did you cut new ports in your sacs to do this or did you have unused ports?
          When I ordered my custom fat sacs, I specified a bunch of ports. Then Jason at WakeMakers added even more before he submitted the order on my behalf. His vision was prescient, as along the way I've used basically every port during one ballast experiment or another. In fact, I wish I had even MORE ports in a couple of areas.

If you order customs, add lots of ports. They're really cheap when they come from the factory (something like a couple bucks each).

Comment

That's what I figured. I have added ports before but not for this. You've got me thinkin of another winter project....maybe sooner. The wife and I are opposite side surfers so this would be nice to do. Thanks.

Comment

Quick update....

We've been using the new pumping system for a few days now, including this afternoon. All I can say is WOW. The speed increase still takes me by surprise. We fill and drain so much faster that it finishes before I realize it.

I'm used to starting fill/drain, then going on to other things for a while since I'm going to have close to 10 minutes of dead time. Not anymore! I can't be so casual about ignoring the ballast operation. Definitely not complaining, though. The time saved is wonderful.

Strongly recommended. It's not that expensive and the improvement is dramatic.

Comment

Nicely done!!
                Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Has anybody installed a X-Link Quick Switch Ballast System to their boat with factory surf sacs.If yes how does it T into the the surf sac with no extra ports installed?

WakeMAKERS.com Exclusive X-Link Quick Switch Ballast System

Comment

Originally posted by barrt1 View Post
                    Has anybody installed a X-Link Quick Switch Ballast System to their boat with factory surf sacs.If yes how does it T into the the surf sac with no extra ports installed?

WakeMAKERS.com Exclusive X-Link Quick Switch Ballast System
                    A transfer pump system can be installed on any sac. For those without enough ports, or a port thats not in an ideal location, we have had great success adding a fitting to the sac.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

We use impeller pumps for this purpose and they work best, since they don't allow water through. I think Tige has seen the value of this application, they have gotten a good look at them in our boat but I have no idea if or when it may be an option.
                      http://wake9.com/

Comment

Hi chpthril
                        Tell me more about installing more fittings. Can I buy the fittings and glue them into a bag myself? I don't know anybody here in Australia that can do it. I would be willing to try it if its possible. The sacs have 4 fittings already, would I be able to disconnect and block off one fitting from the bottom of the bag or would that cause other issues.

Comment

Originally posted by barrt1 View Post
                          Hi chpthril
                          Tell me more about installing more fittings. Can I buy the fittings and glue them into a bag myself? I don't know anybody here in Australia that can do it. I would be willing to try it if its possible. The sacs have 4 fittings already, would I be able to disconnect and block off one fitting from the bottom of the bag or would that cause other issues.
                          Post #13 shows how I do it. The fittings I use mate with the standard female quick connect offered by Fly High, but you can use a standard plastic barbed thru-hull fitting.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...446#post467446
                          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks Chpthril that is awesome. I will Send you a PM with what I need.

Comment

Working...
                            X