New piggyback sacs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New piggyback sacs

Im planning on ordering the piggyback kit from wake makers. I have one 1100lb fly high sac already, anyone have one they want to get rid of?

Here are some - http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18039

Comment

Yeah, saw those. I'm looking for the plain ol rectangular one since I'm keeping the factory hard tanks underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by Ptown View Post
        Yeah, saw those. I'm looking for the plain ol rectangular one since I'm keeping the factory hard tanks underneath.
        What are your goals with adding a piggy-back system and keeping the factory hard tanks?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

It's my step dads boat and he doesn't want me taking them out. If it were up to me, I would have already ordered some new ballast pumps, custom sacs, and some wet sounds from you just for good measure. Or maybe just a new boat. Hahah
          Last edited by Ptown; 07-07-2012, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ptown View Post
            It's my step dads boat and he doesn't want me taking them out. If it were up to me, I would have already ordered some new ballast pumps, custom sacs, and some wet sounds from you just for good measure. Or maybe just a new boat. Hahah
            Gotchya! One thing you may experience with do a piggy-back on top of those tanks is passive draining through the drain pump and vent. This will be due to the top of the filled sac (water line) being higher then the thru-hulls. So naturally, the water wants to equalize. The ideal solution is to run the drain and vents across the boat to the other side drain and vent thru-hulls. This puts them higher then the sac when weighted for surfing. Other then that, adding a check-valve in the drain and vent will also help. The valve requires a bit more pressure to open than what gravity is exerting. You may also experience some passive draining back through the fill line. This is due to the same reason. The fill line is now lower then the water line with the sac filled. A check-valve here is a simple fix.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
            X