2009 22ve Ballast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2009 22ve Ballast

Hey everyone, I'm looking at possibly buying a 2009 22ve that has factory hard tanks in the rear (200lbs on each side). Is there a problem with dropping some 750 fat sacs in the compartments and integrating the existing pumps for added weight or will it hurt the floor and hard tanks below?? Thanks.

Ewok just went through an extra ballast install on his 2009 RZ2: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...allast+install

Similar to what you are considering, except he installed additional pumps for the new sacs. The floor will be fine - as long as you fill the hard tanks first, they can then support the sacs above no problem.

Comment

2009 22ve Ballast

Thanks..that was a lot of help.

Comment

It came with 200lbs wow thats not much my 22 v with one 540 lbs sac filled barely drops it, the 750 should really make a difference. You should look at just pulling the hard tank and putting the fly high jumbo sac in its 1100 pounds and that way you only have to spend another few bucks on the sac from 750 to the 1100 ( its 189$ for the 1100) and then use the existing pumps youd save money. just my

Comment

Originally posted by Fire_medic View Post
          It came with 200lbs wow thats not much my 22 v with one 540 lbs sac filled barely drops it, the 750 should really make a difference. You should look at just pulling the hard tank and putting the fly high jumbo sac in its 1100 pounds and that way you only have to spend another few bucks on the sac from 750 to the 1100 ( its 189$ for the 1100) and then use the existing pumps youd save money. just my
          Starting in 2009, the factory ballast tanks are installed under the floor, so pulling them is not as straightforward as before. The only one that I am aware of doing that is WABoating - he has a thread somewhere about his whole overhaul.

And I think that factory ballast in 2009 was two rear underfloor hard tanks of about 250-lbs each, and a 400-lb sac under the bow seats. So 900-lbs total.

Comment

J5,

As Dingle noted, that Tige has a base level 900 lbs: 250# in each rear locker and 400 up front. In reality, the front ballast could be 500-600 lbs.

No issues with placing sac on the floor of each locker, but I would recommend doing a dedicated plumbing for them, rather then a piggy-back setup. If you goal is wake-boarding, you will need to add bow weight. If you goal is surfing, you may want more then an added 750# sac.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by dingleberry View Post
              Starting in 2009, the factory ballast tanks are installed under the floor, so pulling them is not as straightforward as before. The only one that I am aware of doing that is WABoating - he has a thread somewhere about his whole overhaul.

And I think that factory ballast in 2009 was two rear underfloor hard tanks of about 250-lbs each, and a 400-lb sac under the bow seats. So 900-lbs total.
              I kept the factory hard tanks below the locker floor. WABoating didn't have any factory ballast, all he had under the floor of his lockers was a foam filler pad so he pulled up the false floor and pulled out the foam so it would all fill with his custom Enzo sacs. I used the w719 with its own fill and drain pumps to help fill times. It takes me about 7 min to fill one side for surfing. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be for my install.
              2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
              2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Working...
              X