Fill time idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fill time idea

So I figure I'm getting about 500GPH out of my fill pumps for my 750lb bags (rougly 10.5min to fill a sack). I haven't upgraded any pumps or lines from the stock system. I still have the 1000GPH Johnson fill pump connected to all 3/4" hoses and quick connects. That may be a winter upgrade.

Time isn't a huge deal to me but a thought popped into my head.

What if I made a hose that I could quick connect to the other V-drive sides sack that I wasn't filling (for surfing) and temporarily connected it to the vent on the one side I was filling. This would be easy with all the quick connects and theroretically would cut the time to fill in half. I haven't tried it but I'm sure once it gets close to being full, two things will happen; the extra water will discharge out the drain pump/hose or I could disconnect the extra pump once it's close and re-attach the vent hose. I realize this could make a mess and I may have a small river of water on my hands once I disconnect the extra fill hose until I get the vent back on.

Dumb idea?

Originally posted by wired1236 View Post
    So I figure I'm getting about 500GPH out of my fill pumps for my 750lb bags (rougly 10.5min to fill a sack). I haven't upgraded any pumps or lines from the stock system. I still have the 1000GPH Johnson fill pump connected to all 3/4" hoses and quick connects. That may be a winter upgrade.

Time isn't a huge deal to me but a thought popped into my head.

What if I made a hose that I could quick connect to the other V-drive sides sack that I wasn't filling (for surfing) and temporarily connected it to the vent on the one side I was filling. This would be easy with all the quick connects and theroretically would cut the time to fill in half. I haven't tried it but I'm sure once it gets close to being full, two things will happen; the extra water will discharge out the drain pump/hose or I could disconnect the extra pump once it's close and re-attach the vent hose. I realize this could make a mess and I may have a small river of water on my hands once I disconnect the extra fill hose until I get the vent back on.

Dumb idea?
    If water is coming in from the fill and the vent it will not work. The vent is there for a reason it has to vent the air in the bag.
    FairTax.org

Comment

I did the same thing on mine and will test it this weekend. I have an 800GPH for each back locker and the hoses are longer to connect in place of the opposite side vent line to "double" the fill and when it's close to full I will switch over to the vent line to push out the air and any overfill. My next upgrade is the transfer pump witch will eliminate the need for this, but it was an idea we came up with for the time being. If it doesn't work I will just cut the extra couple feet of hose off each fill line and scrap the idea!

Comment

Originally posted by 91Terminator View Post
        If water is coming in from the fill and the vent it will not work. The vent is there for a reason it has to vent the air in the bag.
        Hence the idea I would have to disconnect the extra pump once I get close to let the air out. There's not much air in sack at all when empty so I could swap it back once almost full.

I think it's worth a try given it may just be a temporary fix until I get 1" hoses on the fill lines. I'm sure it won't be an ideal fix but if it works, than great. If not, than an exuse to relax an extra 5min on the water.
        Last edited by wired1236; 06-28-2012, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 91Terminator View Post
          The only air in the bags is from the air in the lines when you start filling. I think it will work until the sac is about 75% full to where the air becomes a factor, but that's when you switch the extra fill back over to the vent. Just my

Comment

Working...
          X