2012 rzr ballast upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 rzr ballast upgrades

looking for some concrete info on upgrading the weight in my boat, i wanna keep everything plug and play... i read thru the other thread on this same boat and didn't really get much from it

i have had the boat out a few times and don't really see where you would get another 400 lbs sac in the bow, looks pretty tight when i open the passenger storage and look in...

i did notice a lot of room left in the lockers and id like to get the biggest bags possible going in there, either way any and all advice is apreciated

i am planning to have 2 400 lbs sacs and a few 150s for when is just me and the wife out there, but when there are 3 or more people onboard it does get a little cramped because the boat is so compact, id like to keep as much weight as i can hidden

cheers!

oh ya i currently have the 1600 lbs system with a single 400 up front

Comment

For the bow, you can pull the single U shaped sac and replace it with a pair of 400lb sacs. This will maybe give you about 600-700 in the bow. Its not a major mod to do the swap, since Tige already uses two fill pumps and two drain pumps up front. So the only thing that really needs to be done is to T off vent.

For the rear, we have a port and starboard Plug-n-Play custom surf sac that will replace the OEM 350lb surf sac. They fill the rar locker and extend up under the seats and will hold about 1100 in the RZR.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

what are some good sites to order this stuff from? I'm up in canada and wanna order from a canadain place to avoid all the border bs

Comment

RZR Surf

When I fill my RZR bow bag (400 lbs) and have 2 adult kids up front, (an additional 250) I have all the weight I need. I even have to be careful not to take water over the bow when approaching some "roller" waves.

The key to surfing is to get the RZR (as with any boat) to tilt (list) the perfect angle to rip curl the water. It is about proper weight distrobution regardless of how much weight I have in the tanks. I still have to ask a few of my guests to sit more on the surfer side to off set the boat that sweet angle. You will know when you got it dialed in because the wake shapes up instantly.
          The more speed (11 MPH) the more play area for surfing.
          Attached Files
          Nick
          Dayton, Ohio

Comment

Nick, have you ever measured the degree of your tilt? How far is your rub rail from the waterline?

Comment

Working...
            X