Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What size fat sacs for good surf wake on 2003 24V ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size fat sacs for good surf wake on 2003 24V ??

Hi,

I just recently purchased a 2003 24V riders edition. I have never wakesurfed before but have been wakeboarding since I was 12. I was hoping someone on the forum may have the same boat and found the best fit for storage needs and best wake for surfing..I understand I should load up people on the boat to test different weight configs, but wanted to hopefully bypass the testing phase and come close to having a perfect wake. Thanks for any help..

Congrats and welcome to the tige club. Post some pics when you get a chance.

Best budget and will not consume under-seat storage = Fly High W719 Jumbo. Will give you a solid 900+

Best value = W712 Enzo should fill to about 1300-1400 lbs

Best fit = Design a custom to your own specs. This gives you flexibility to design the sac to maximize the allowable space and choose the number and location of the ports.

All of these sacs can be filled manually or plumbed in for an automated system with fill and drain at your finger tips.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Mike is all over it. Order up what you can afford from him.

Look up any of duffy's threads. His boat is off the hook with ballast.

I think its been figured out that you can throw tons of weight in the 24v and it will take it and ask for more.

You'll need some front ballast as well.

You'll also need an FAE.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Mike's the man for the parts too....

He can hook you up.
        So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

Go customThese are around 1800 pounds each. Then I have dual 400's in the bow. This is with a pretty small crew going 12.7-13 mph.
          Attached Files
          Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys!! So Duffey do you have the 2003 24V? And If so , am I going to have to add that much weight and cut the swim deck like you did in order to surf? And are your sacs all hidden in lockers or under the seats?

Comment

I have a 2005 24v, same exact hull. I don't know if the swim deck cutting would help for sure or not. I did it before I ever tried to surf it. I have done the same mod on all the wakeboats I have owned. Yep the sacs are all hidden.
              Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Originally posted by bugz View Post
                Thanks for the advice guys!! So Duffey do you have the 2003 24V? And If so , am I going to have to add that much weight and cut the swim deck like you did in order to surf? And are your sacs all hidden in lockers or under the seats?
                bugz - FYI, duffy is trying to produce the biggest, baddest, cleanest wave in the world. In order to get a surfable wave, you don't need to go to those extremes. Standard swim deck and much less weight will still work for a decent wave.

Comment

Thanks, lol. Sounds like I am addicted to meth!

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
                    Thanks, lol. Sounds like I am addicted to meth!
                    At least your teeth won't fall out from your surfing addiction. Unless you manage to faceplant into your board badly

Comment

Ok great!! I dont think I have the skills or $$ to do all the mods Duffey has done. Another question, do you add sacs in both rear lockers if you are only going to ride regular stance? And Does adding weight to the bow help make a larger wake?

Comment

Custom bags aren't tough to install and you need two, unless you want to move them? But that would be a pain. They fit better then the enzo sacs. I actually don't like the way they fill. Bow weight while wakesurfing and wakeboarding is important.

Comment

Originally posted by bugz View Post
                          Another question, do you add sacs in both rear lockers if you are only going to ride regular stance?
                          You can get a single sac for your port locker. If you occasionally do have someone that wants to ride the other side, just move it over (if you are manually filling).

If you are regularly switching sides, or if you are plumbing in an automated fill system, then you probably just want to set it all up once and put sacs in both sides.

Comment

Will it matter if the W719 sac demension is: 24" Wide x 24" Tall x 50" Long But my Boat locker is 26W x 24H x 39.5 L, I assume I do not need to fill it all the way, but do not want to push the engine walls to break? If so I was thinking for now going with the W719 & W706 for the bow with 2Tsunami pumps? Any thoughts?

Comment

The longer length screws it up and makes it fill funny. Maybe find a used enzo sac? Someone on here might be selling theirs that I know of. Re- enforcing the engine divider walls isn't too tough. They don't break but the do sometimes "pop" in. My buddy with a 22v stacks 2 450's filled in the rear locker then puts a side sac in front of them under the seat. His wave is pretty legit.

Comment

Working...
                              X