My Surf Wake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Surf Wake

I'm just getting in to surfing and I just finished installing a ballast system in my boat. This is the setup I used:

3- Johnson Impellar Pumps
    1- Fly High W711 Bow Sac (650lbs)
    2- Fly High W707's In the rear (750lbs each)

In this video the bow sac is as full as I can get it and the Port Side rear bag is full. There is only 2 people in my boat, the water was slighlty choppy, and I'm goin around 9 mph.

Give me your opinion of my wake. (Click the pic to see the video

Last edited by 363coupe; 05-14-2012, 04:09 PM.
    2000 Tige 21V Riders Edition

Pocket looks a little short. It might be as simple as bumping your speed up to around 10. Where was your taps set? Overall, it looks to have plenty of size but, the lip is folding over. I would try the speed first.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I would definitely try bumping the speed. On our old '01 21V RE we ran a minimum speed of 10.5 mph for surfing. A bit more if we had extra weight.

Comment

I had the taps at 7 I believe.

When I have all 3 sacs full setup for wakeboarding, I have alot of spray coming from the center of my boat. Lowering the TAPS to 1 reduces it some but its still to much. Any idea how to correct this? Speed is around 18-20

Comment

Roostertail? I don't know that you're going to get away from it with that much weight. What is it affecting?

Duffy built a mudflap to control the roostertail for his boat but, its just for surfing.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

What rpms are you turning?
            Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
              I don't remember. I'll have to pay more attention next time.

Comment

Rooster tails and lots of weight kind of go hand and hand. My buddy sacs out his malibu and the roster tail is huge!
                Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Best thing to do is ride behind it while holding the rope and have the driver adjust the speed/taps and see what combo you like best. Some settings will have tons of push but a really short pocket and that's not ideal, what you are looking for is the best push/pocket length combo you can get and the only way to do that is by being back there.

Comment

For surfing you need more weight on your surf side. Once you lean enough the prop wash will get pushed to the side.

Comment

For surfing you need more weight on your surf side. Once you lean enough the prop wash will get pushed to the side.
                      You scoot 400 to the left side of the boat, and youre gonna have one mean little surf wake.

Keep tweakin.
                      So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

Very late reply but I'm running 2,600 RPMs at 10.5mph. I've been playing with it and I've got the wake pretty clean, it just doesn't have alot of length to it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X