Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2009 rz2 ballast install question

Hi all,

I have a 2009 tige rz2 with no factory or aftermarket ballast. I am currently installing a system I purchased from wakemakers ( they have been awesome btw) . Anyway, I am installing two Johnson impeller pumps and I am really struggling to locate a good spot to place these pumps. I was considering the back of the seat area but it's fairly narrow, considered the back wall plate behind the engine but it doesn't appear to offer enough vertical clearance if I install the pump according to the manufacturers instructions (valves on the bottom). Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with where a good location might be for these pumps? I would like to keep them near the back to shorten my hose run. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Zipp

The front wall of the engine bay (the back of the seat) is a good spot. It may require moving a couple things around though. If the pumps straight hose approach and exit are an issue, there are 90* fittings that can be used.

The next spot would be to locate the pumps behind the rear locker walls. The starboard side is easy. There should be plenty of room. The port side may be tricky if your boat has the Tige EIDB dual battery option. You may need to pull the battery and fab and larger shelf to fit under the batteries that would have enough surface area off to the inner side for the pump.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks mike. I went with the location behind the seat. I think in the end I was really more worried about just doing it than picking the spot. Install has gone great so far but it's beenv10 min of thinking for every 1 min of working.

Comment

Where are you putting the intake thru hull?
        Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Originally posted by Wakeman22 View Post
          Where are you putting the intake thru hull?
          I placed both of the thru hulls directly behind the gas tank. I installed two and one ended up a little closer to the centerline than I would have liked but functionally it seems fine. They are easy to get to via the access panel in the backseat for an emergency and it kept them away from the raw water intake and the speed paddle. I placed the vents high and forward to prevent leakage while underway. It also made it a lot easier to install the vent fittings since there was easy easy through the flip up front seats. I took some pictures but can't figure how to post them from my iPad. Would be ice if they would put this here forum on tapatalk!

Last edited by zippCarlson; 04-24-2012, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X