Bow weight discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
    We plumbed a pair of W701s in the bow of our RZ2. If you let the bag rest further back (e.g., near rear of port bow compartment), it might fill to 350. If pulled farther up, the slope of the hull limits the fill a bit more (300?).

I would do that mod again in a heartbeat.

Sounds like you use side specific bow weight? Do you have any pics and did you try using a u shape sac prior to swapping to seperare sacs?

Comment

Originally posted by adamsjstt View Post
      Sounds like you use side specific bow weight? Do you have any pics and did you try using a u shape sac prior to swapping to seperare sacs?
      We had a stock U: shape tube prior to the pair of W701s. Side specific weight provided the benefit of a longer pocket similar to the U-shaped sack, but did not mush the wave shape and height as much as the U-shaped sack.

Plumbing was easy because the stock setup had a fill and drain pumps on both sides. The pumps had to be wired to separate switches and the vents Y-connected to the single vent out.

No direct comparison pics. I plan on trying to get some early this season.

Comment

Anybody ever tried both? I picked up a pair of side sacs and I am going to try to fill the u shape sac and then throw in a side sac next to the u shape sac on the surf side. With the rz2 I have plenty of room in the bow under the cushions so all the sacs will remain outta site. I have a plan to piggy back the side sacs to the u sac if it is worth it.

Comment

I am planning on doing v-drive sacs or dual customs in my bow.
          Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
            I am planning on doing v-drive sacs or dual customs in my bow.
            I thought about that but after I installed the u shape sac and noticed how much room was still available I think I will get the most weight by using both a u shape and a side sac. With the 400s up front I might get 300-350 per side with the u shape full I get 600-650 across the bow plus a extra 200-250 with the side sac and if I like side specific weight I can fold the opposite leg of the u shape sac toward the center and have just the surf side of the u shape sac being filled. With that and a side sac I should see around 500-550 surf side only. I am hoping that the u shape sac full and just adding a side sac to the surf side produces the best wave.

Comment

I thought about that but after I installed the u shape sac and noticed how much room was still available I think I will get the most weight by using both a u shape and a side sac. With the 400s up front I might get 300-350 per side with the u shape full I get 600-650 across the bow plus a extra 200-250 with the side sac and if I like side specific weight I can fold the opposite leg of the u shape sac toward the center and have just the surf side of the u shape sac being filled. With that and a side sac I should see around 500-550 surf side only. I am hoping that the u shape sac full and just adding a side sac to the surf side produces the best wave.
              At least with our U-sack, the vast majority of water was in the legs, which extended about half way under the bow seats on each side. I guess you could put a 400lb sack behind the U-sack leg on port side (eating up more storage). But I do not think a 400 lb sack will extend fully behind the leg on the starboard side given the driver console (and out heater is there taking up a little more space).

Comment

At least with our U-sack, the vast majority of water was in the legs, which extended about half way under the bow seats on each side. I guess you could put a 400lb sack behind the U-sack leg on port side (eating up more storage). But I do not think a 400 lb sack will extend fully behind the leg on the starboard side given the driver console (and out heater is there taking up a little more space).
                I tried to put a 400 lb bag behind the u shape and it was to big so I went with the side sacs and they fit pretty good. Takes up all the space under the cushions. There are 12 w 12h and 48 l

Comment

I tried to put a 400 lb bag behind the u shape and it was to big so I went with the side sacs and they fit pretty good. Takes up all the space under the cushions. There are 12 w 12h and 48 l
                  You will like that bow side-specific weight.

At least on the 2009, there is a cover plate in the bow under the front-center seat. I took that cover plate off and have a great storage spot that fits our tube (when deflated and dry).

Comment

You will like that bow side-specific weight.

At least on the 2009, there is a cover plate in the bow under the front-center seat. I took that cover plate off and have a great storage spot that fits our tube (when deflated and dry).
                    Are you saying that you have a compartment under the floor in the center of the bow? Do you have pictures?

Comment

Are you saying that you have a compartment under the floor in the center of the bow? Do you have pictures?
                      I have a small compartment under the seat in the front center of the bow. The space is where the bend of the U sack used to be. I think it is actually pretty convenient.

Comment

Working...
                      X