RZ Plug-N-Play Custom Surf Sac for $400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZ Plug-N-Play Custom Surf Sac for $400

Thought I would pass this along, Wakemakers.com has some blem custom RZ Surf sacs for $399. I ordered one up and the only thing that I can tell is wrong with it is that the Fly High logo is on upside down. Not sure how many he has so act fast!
    http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-t...c-on-sale.html

Thats actually my blem. Fly High made a batch of 5, then called to tell me that 2 of the ports are in the wrong spot and asked if that was ok........you can guess what the answer was .

These sacs are designed to be used as the plug-n-play swap for the 350# sac that comes OEM on the 2010 and newer Surf/Pro ballast option. These will not work well for those wanting to plumb them in on any other Tige with factory ballast or boats with no ballast.

The problem with these sacs is that the two top ports, one is a fill and one is the vent, are on the sides of the front and rear panels and not on top. This will lead to a great deal of passive draining once the sac is filled.

There's more to these being blems then the logo.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Ok, fair enough but for someone on a budget, it's a $150 savings. I'll let you know how they work out!

You really increased the size over the original one! I thought I would put this one on the starboard side but it's too long.
      Last edited by Timmy!; 03-17-2012, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
        Ok, fair enough but for someone on a budget, it's a $150 savings. I'll let you know how they work out!

You really increased the size over the original one! I thought I would put this one on the starboard side but it's too long.
        They have 4 ports. two are on the bottom, so if plumbed in, the entire weight of the sac would rest on the fittings. if manually filling, you will need 3 wally plugs and a W731.

I have a demo sac port side in-route from a Tige Owner that just upgraded to a 2012 and is going with the PnP sac, I would probably let this one go for about that price..... and the ports are in the right location for a plumbed-in system.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yep. When I designed the Plug-n-Play, I re-spun the original custom surf and created the GenII. it has the same dimensions as the PnP, but has 3 ports that are more sited for manual-filling or plumbing in. On the GenII, we relocated the ports and made a dedicated port and starboard sac where as the original was more of a universal. I now buy 10 (5 of each side) at a time to keep the price as low as I can.

Comment

I'm not worried about the fitting locations, they will work with my setup. I think the design I have probably has most of the weight on the drain fitting as well since it's at the back of the sac and when the boat is underway, it pinches against the transom wall. I would call it a draw on the drain fitting. It comes with the fittings that a factory RZ2 would need (the smaller ones). I already have a set of the larger ones.

Comment

I'm not worried about the fitting locations, they will work with my setup. I think the design I have probably has most of the weight on the drain fitting as well since it's at the back of the sac and when the boat is underway, it pinches against the transom wall. I would call it a draw on the drain fitting. It comes with the fittings that a factory RZ2 would need (the smaller ones). I already have a set of the larger ones.
              If your current sac is plumbed in, this sac will not mate up, so you will need to do some mods to your current setup. Its designed specifically for the newer 2010 Tiges with the surf/pro ballast. It does not have a port on the bottom edge of the rear panel. The 2 ports are on the outside edge of the bottom of the sac.

Comment

I planned ahead on my install and have extra long hoses. I already matched it all up, it's good to go! Thanks for the info! Others can now make an informed decision on whether or not this will work with their setup.

Comment

I almost bought one of those sacs then contacted CHP and made a better decision and bought the right sac from him

Comment

Installed the sac and it worked awesome! The only downside to it is that it's too tall so I can't fill it all of the way unless I want to leave the locker door open. All of my existing hoses connected right up and we were good to go. As long as the locker door wasn't pushing on it, there wasn't any passive draining either.

Comment

Installed the sac and it worked awesome! The only downside to it is that it's too tall so I can't fill it all of the way unless I want to leave the locker door open. All of my existing hoses connected right up and we were good to go. As long as the locker door wasn't pushing on it, there wasn't any passive draining either.
                      I'm stoked it wasn't a huge issue. That fitting placement was a little too low but with the way that the bag sits I don't think it will be a huge inconvenience.

Thanks for the clarification Mike. With that said if anyone does get this sac and is not happy with it let me know.

Thanks,
                      Spencer

Comment

Here's a shot of the wave:

Comment

Working...
                        X