My 22v winter ballast test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 22v winter ballast test

Well I was able to test out my custom ballast set up today since there is no snow here in Tahoe. Low 50's air temp and 42 degree water temp. 2003 22v with two custom v-drive locker bags around 1500lb starboard and 1400lb on port with 400lb sac in the bow. Everything worked great and got a quick surf in. Now just have to dial it in this spring when it's warmer. Thanks to wakemakers for all the help. I will update in the spring with more testing.
    Attached Files

What were you fill and dump times?
    Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

I knew you would be out testing. Looks great man. Congrats.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Well I wasn't really testing fill times yet just hooking up the flow direction on the pumps and checking for leaks and stuff. I will say around 17 min for one bag with one pump but I have a cross over pump to go from one bag to the other and with two pumps it was down to 8 min or so. When I have more time in the spring I will get more detailed with the testing. Thanks nickypoo, so far so good now I can't wait to get it dialed in. I know it just going to get better. Nice progress on yours as well.

Comment

You mean slow progress, right?
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Nah, careful progress. It is still supposed to be winter. Lol. Its nice to be able to take your time and do it right and how you want.

Comment

Looks good Dave, I'm giving you a call right now so we can get things dialed in a little bet to clean it up.

Not bad for the first trial run though.
              WakeMAKERS.com | WakePROPS.com

Comment

Originally posted by jason@wakemakers.com View Post
                Looks good Dave, I'm giving you a call right now so we can get things dialed in a little bet to clean it up.

Not bad for the first trial run though.
                Thanks for the help Jason. The next time out this spring should be way more productive. It's kind of hard to get others interested in spending to much time dialing the wake in when its the end of January. LOL Stay tuned all lots more testing and input to come. Next up new prop and fresh air exhaust.

Comment

ok so I have started to try and dial in my wave and here is what I have so far. Rear full 1500-1600lbs bow full 650lbs I think plus another 400lb bag on floor in walk way. Speed is 11mph and taps set at one to keep bow down and two people in the boat. What do you guys think?

http://youtu.be/zepbFVH95Qs

Comment

Here are a few pics
                    Attached Files

Comment

I would get rid of the 400 in the walkway and either do 400 under surf side or get a bow sac. Then use slightly less taps. Should get a slightly longer and taller wave. I run dual 400 bow sacs in my 24v with great results.
                      Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
                        I would get rid of the 400 in the walkway and either do 400 under surf side or get a bow sac. Then use slightly less taps. Should get a slightly longer and taller wave. I run dual 400 bow sacs in my 24v with great results.
                        Yeah I have the integrated bow sac in there already and then put another 400lb sac on the floor in the walk thru. Taps are set all the way down to keep the bow down. Are you running both your 400lb bow sacs on the same side?

Comment

I run 200 in lead in the bow nose and 400 on surf side and that's it, unless we have a large crew, but I usually make a girl go sit on surf side bow.
                          Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

yeah Im still curious why I need so much bow weight. Seems if I run less or change the taps towards the wakeboard setting I get prop cavitation.

Comment

Ok Duffy and everyone else. Do you guys get cavitation if your bow gets up in the air to much? I might have to find our where to get some lead bags to put in the bow and leave them there.

Comment

Working...
                              X