BALLAST INSTALL HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BALLAST INSTALL HELP

OK SO THE V DRIVE PART OF MY BALLAST INSTALL WENT PERFECT. I NEED HELP ON HOW TO RUN THE FILL HOSE TO THE FRONT INTAGRATED BOW SACK ON MY 2005 22V. I AM USEING 1IN HOSE I WAS GOING TO RUN IT ON THE LEFT SIDE DOWN THE BENCH SEATING SIDE THROUGH THE STORAGE CAPARTMENT AND TO THE BOW.

I went on top of the tank and then went up the vent hole. Worked perfectly and I didn't have to drill or cut anything.
    Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

ok can you get to that big open spot in front of the gas tank.
      my gas tank goes up unde the floor and i cant see how to reach the vent

Comment

I pushed the hose from the front back. You can also use the spot where the stereo goes under in the observer seat storage. I pulled the floor up. Here is a pic.
        Attached Files
        Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
          I pushed the hose from the front back. You can also use the spot where the stereo goes under in the observer seat storage. I pulled the floor up. Here is a pic.
          Hey Duff thanks for answering CM's question. You answer my concern on available room for pumps without a post. (I haven't taken floor off to look yet).

That looks like to quickest and easiest way to go.

I was planning on bringing my 1" hose through the floor just on the inside of the driver kick plate where sub's are mounted. I would look at trying to drill the hole on an angle rather than coming through the floor at a 90 angle and the hose may lay better. Just a thought
          Life is good...
          Happy Wife Happy Life

Comment

With the seat box out and the floor up, like duffy's pic, feed about 4-5 ft of hose past the tank into the front part of the bilge. Next, go to which ever mid-ship storage you wish to bring the hose up into and pull the vent hose out of the floor. I like to run my ballast hose into the starboard storage as there is less there.....stereo stuff is usually in the port. I also like to drill its own hole, but your choice. Pull it into the storage and then run it up and over the bulkhead wall into the bow.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

ok thanks i am useing 2 ts 800 pumps on both legs of the sack to drain. i was going to put a 3/4 through hull on both port and star side to drain just inside the storage capartments. but i dont know where the best place to fill and vent are. what can i use to cover the front eyelet bolts so they dont rip a hole in the bag

Comment

I went to a hardware store and bought some cork that I screwd on to the bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by cmcoyner1980 View Post
                  ..... what can i use to cover the front eyelet bolts so they dont rip a hole in the bag
                  I actually took a rear floor from one of my vehicles and covered the bolts
                  Life is good...
                  Happy Wife Happy Life

Comment

Originally posted by cmcoyner1980 View Post
                    ok thanks i am useing 2 ts 800 pumps on both legs of the sack to drain. i was going to put a 3/4 through hull on both port and star side to drain just inside the storage capartments. but i dont know where the best place to fill and vent are. what can i use to cover the front eyelet bolts so they dont rip a hole in the bag
                    You are on the right track with the drain pumps and their thru-hull locations. Run the fill hose to one of the top ports on the leg. Which ever side you bring the hose in at. For the vent, use the top port in the main section of the bow sac and T the vent hose into one of the drain hose right at the thru-hull.

rubber vacuum caps from an auto parts store work good.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

thanks i also have no check valves in the system yet but all my drain and vent lines are a good bit above the bags when they are filled. also i cant figure out how to post pick. i set up a photo bucket acc. and uploaded pics to photobucket but it wont copy the link.

Comment

Working...
                      X