Which sack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which sack?

I need to order a sack for the starboard side of my 2007 RZ2. I have the factory hard tank installed, so it takes up space in the transom area with the box, etc...
    I was thinking of the 750# 707 FlyHigh unless I hear something better.
    I surf goofy and that's what this will be used for.
    Thoughts?

Your best bet is to PM Chpthril. He knows the best one and can set you up.

Comment

x2. Chpthril is the man

Comment

He must be out of town or something because I've emailed and called a few times over the past week and haven't heard anything. I bought a pump from him last year and he was great to deal with. I'm just not getting much traction on this deal. That's why I'm thinking he must be out of town or totally swamped.

Comment

Todd,

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I am out of town and ive been in the field about 12 hrs a day.

With 06-08 Ve/RZ boats with factory ballast, its a unique challenge to get good fitting sac that will yield enough weight for a good wake, without putting the sacs on the seat or floor. The 750 is an ok choice, but due to its 50" length and 20" height, a good portion the sac will under the seat which is only about 10" high. i have found that the W705 Seat Bottom sac rated for 650# and measuring 60x26x10 will give you about 600# in addition to the factory 250# tank. This a good way to go with out going with a custom sac and removing the factory hard tank.

Thanks,
          Mike

Your fitting should be here this week and I will get it turned around ASAP.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

RZ@ SAc

I am also looking for Sacs for my 2007 RZ2. I do not have any factory ballast and would like to fill both compartments next to engine. What is my best bet??

Comment

Originally posted by Hardattack View Post
              I am also looking for Sacs for my 2007 RZ2. I do not have any factory ballast and would like to fill both compartments next to engine. What is my best bet??
              You have a few options. To maximize the space available, a custom sac for each side is the way to go. Our custom RZ2/22Ve Port side sac will fill to about 1200 Lbs and the starboard will fill to 1000+ Lbs. These can be used for manually filling or in an automated plumbed-in system. The next option would be a pair of Jumbo Surf sacs. Rated at 1100 lbs, but will give you about 900 Lbs in your boat due to the size of the compartment. Again, these can be manually filled or plumbed in.

Shoot me a PM if you would like more info on these options.

Mike
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I just installed port and starboard custom sacs in a 2008 22Ve with the factory ballast. See this thread.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16870

You can avoid the relocating of batteries if you choose to eliminate the existing hard tanks.

Comment

I am currently installing custom sacs I orderd from chpthrl. They are about as big as possible in my 2007 RZ2 without removing the floor. I took out the panels covering the fuel lines, pushed the rear battery locker panels back about 5", made the bags wide enough to fill under all the seat portion including the little jog from the rear seat to the side seats, and made them really long. The starboard cooler will be removed to fill the entire seat area. To get the rear panels moved farther to the stern, I moved the two batteries behind the motor. My rear bags have a locker section that is 40 long, 30 wide, and about 20 tall, maybe 22 tall. The 30" wide part extends the length of the bag, which allows the jog under the rear seat to fill as well. The bags squeeze down where the seats narrow, but the extra water in the jog under the rear seat and a little jog where the cooler was outweighed the loss of water due to squeezing. I was also told that it would have been ridiculously expensive to make it an exact fit. Chpthrl has my exact dimensions or I'd be happy to share them. No secret sauce here. When I get finished with the install, I'll write it all up.
                  Last edited by bigskymudflaps; 05-09-2012, 04:27 AM.
                  2007 RZ2 Marine power 340hp Custom ballast
                  Tundra Crewmax 5.7L

Comment

Working...
                  X