JLoflin's 21i Surf/Wake Ballast Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JLoflin's 21i Surf/Wake Ballast Setup

We finished J's 21i a few weeks ago, i just haven't had the time to post up some pics.

For those with the older Tige DD's, you understand the lack of storage lockers to stow away ballast sacs. J and I kicked around some ideas on what he wanted and how to lay it out. What we basically did was go with the about the same setup that TRD runs in his and then just plumbed it in.

System consist of a single Ballast Puppy Reversible pump fed by a 1" thru-hull, a 650# Seat Bottom sac under the back seat and a 400# v-drive Surf sac that will be a "floater".

The Seat Bottom sac will stay under the back seat, but the twist is what we did with the Surf sac. For surfing, it will lay along the port side, where is is fed by the fill pump and has its own dedicated vent. For wake-boarding, it can be moved to the bow walk-through where there is another fill and vent hose awaiting it. Each set of hoses has a manual shutoff valve to stop the fill flow when the sac is not plugged up. This kept the cost down, while still having a flexible, yet functional system for both surfing and boarding. When not in use, hoses can be tucked out of the way and the Seat bottom sac can be folded under the back seat so its not getting walked on.

The pump is mounted with a service connector so it can easily be removed is access to the fuel tank is needed.

J bought the boat last fall I believe. Not long after he purchased it, he upgraded the old tired in-boat speakers with 2 new pairs of the Wet Sounds SW-650. But, they were only powered off the head-unit, so great sound, just not a ton of output. While J was in the ship, we were talking about adding an amp for the in-boats and kicking around some tower speaker options. I was going to demo the 650's with some power behind them. With J standing back from the display, I revved up the XS-650's. Looking up the 3-Some on my display tower, he had this look of and said "damn, those are loud!" to which I said "oh, that was just a single pair of in-boats" That's all it took for J to pull the trigger on a Syn4

The new SW-650's

Pump

Inlet to the pump and outlet for the two sacs

Seat Bottom and V-drive in place

V-dirve sac in the walk-way. Hoses have a pass-thru so they can be tucked back into when not in use

Shut-off for the walk-thru plumbing.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

And the Stereo Upgrades

Syn4 for the in-boats, dual battery and ACR.

Phase-2 will be coming in a month or so.

Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Very nice as always. Looks like there is a way to add automated ballast to the bow of my 20V

Comment

I can't wait to get the tower done too!!! Mike does excellent work and has way more knowledge than my local dealership. Wow I didn't realize how nasty my carpet looked either, good thing I just had it steam cleaned and detailed. This year is gonna be sik out on the lake

Comment

Any pics of the seat bottom sac full? What are the dimensions?
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
            Any pics of the seat bottom sac full? What are the dimensions?
            I think I have tome that I took during the sea trial, lemmy look.

The Seat Bottom Sac is 62Lx26Wx10W

Comment

Awesome! I will have to talk to you about the sacs Chp.

I sent you a pm about this wkend.
              Dale
              2000 21i Tige

Comment

Great job, Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Jloflin420 View Post
                  I can't wait to get the tower done too!!! Mike does excellent work and has way more knowledge than my local dealership. Wow I didn't realize how nasty my carpet looked either, good thing I just had it steam cleaned and detailed. This year is gonna be sik out on the lake
                  Your stoked man. That's gonna gonna put out a nice little surf wake. Can't wait to see some pics. Nice job Mike.

Did you just get this boat?
                  Last edited by NICKYPOO; 04-21-2011, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Here's a few of the wake. Not best as it was windy as heck that day and the speedos just didnt seem to be accurate that slow speeds so I ball-parked it.

J also upgraded from the stock SS 3-blade to the ACME 653.

Comment

Good looking wave

Comment

Thanks Mike. There's some good potential there. A little fine tuning and some decent conditions should yield some good times. The rub rail is in the right spot.

What TAPS setting?

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                          Thanks Mike. There's some good potential there. A little fine tuning and some decent conditions should yield some good times. The rub rail is in the right spot.

What TAPS setting?
                          It was around 4.

Comment

I would try running at 8 for that hull to get that lip out of it when the time comes.

Comment

so how do you fit that sac under your seat? or do you totally take the rear bench out? I would be interested in getting a sac under my 20i seat as long as people could still sit there comfortably....

Comment

Working...
                              X