21V Ballast - Fly High Enzo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21V Ballast - Fly High Enzo?

I am going to be doing a ballast install over the winter and was wanting to get a single sac for the rear locker and under the bench seat.

Does anyone know if any standard non custom sac would work in the 2001 21V locker/storage area.

If not, what does a custom sac run? I know the Enzo sacs are about $485.

I will try to measure the locker and bench seat storage this weekend and report if no one knows.

Thanks!

I have the '99 21V and those lockers are 20"X20"X40" So the standard V-Drive sacs that are 16x16x42 would be the best standard size for in there. Under the port side bench... I'm not sure, but it's going to be a pretty flat one. I'm guessing less than 12"?
    Waiting for another good one!

Comment

yeah I have the 750lb V dirve sacs, I then put a 400lb sac on top of the 750lb sac in the rear locker with about 300lbs filled. Under the bench seat I have a 300 lbs sac.

My goal is to go from the 3 sacs to 1 sac for a simple auto ballast install.

Comment

Then you are going to need a custom.

Comment

Chpthrl has a custom made for I believe a 2100V? There's a thread in here somewhere for it...

Comment

Sorry, it's made for the 22Ve. But it might fit? http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ghlight=custom

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveflat View Post
                Sorry, it's made for the 22Ve. But it might fit? http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ghlight=custom
                It would probably be a bit longer, but that's not really a bad thing. Over all, it's 83" long.

I have a gray in stock.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

How long is the taller section of that sac, Mike?

Comment

Thanks chpthril, what is the height and width on that sac?

I was wanting more then 1,000 lbs though...I'm guessing I have 1200-1400 lbs in the rear with my 3 sac setup now and I add another 300-400lb sac on the seats if we only have 1 person on the seat.

Also, I am wanting 2 of the sacs (1 for each side).

Thanks, Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveflat View Post
                      How long is the taller section of that sac, Mike?
                      The main section is 22H x 31L x 21W

Originally posted by jdj06c View Post
                      Thanks chpthril, what is the height and width on that sac?

I was wanting more then 1,000 lbs though...I'm guessing I have 1200-1400 lbs in the rear with my 3 sac setup now and I add another 300-400lb sac on the seats if we only have 1 person on the seat.

Also, I am wanting 2 of the sacs (1 for each side).

Thanks, Jason
                      Well, look at this way, we can only get 5 gallons of water in a 5 gallon bucket. meaning, the volume of the storage locker will be the determining factor on how much water a sac holds. This is why i dont shy away from a sac that larger then the compartment, as it will fill up and mold itself to the shape and size of the compartment and fill most all the nooks and crannies, thus maximizing the available storage.

With out knowing the dimensions of your particular boat, id say that an "L" shaped Enzo style sac will fill to the neighborhood of 1K. I'm more then happy to do a custom to your exact measurements and valve placement if you desire. From there, we can calculate the apx volume.
                      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post

Well, look at this way, we can only get 5 gallons of water in a 5 gallon bucket. meaning, the volume of the storage locker will be the determining factor on how much water a sac holds. This is why i dont shy away from a sac that larger then the compartment, as it will fill up and mold itself to the shape and size of the compartment and fill most all the nooks and crannies, thus maximizing the available storage.

With out knowing the dimensions of your particular boat, id say that an "L" shaped Enzo style sac will fill to the neighborhood of 1K. I'm more then happy to do a custom to your exact measurements and valve placement if you desire. From there, we can calculate the apx volume.
                        Thanks. I am going to measure them and see if any of the avail sacs would do or if I need custom.

Comment

We've got a custom bag for the 21v that gives you 1,250 pounds, it's going to be more than an Enzo, but the convenience of just having a single bag is worth it for most people.
                          WakeMAKERS.com | WakePROPS.com

Comment

Originally posted by jdj06c View Post
                            Thanks. I am going to measure them and see if any of the avail sacs would do or if I need custom.
                            Looking forward to seeing the measurements, and i'm fairly confident it will not cost more then an Enzo. If so then I would probably recommend going with the Enzo as it already has extra fittings for additional fill and drain connections if wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                              That would be almost perfect for me. The 31" is a bit shy as my locker is 40" long, but what the heck..

Comment

Working...
                              X