Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aerator fill pump - install at an angle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aerator fill pump - install at an angle?

I've read where people have issues getting the aerator pumps to prime and had an idea to mount them at an angle. Has anyone tried this and if so, what were the results.
    Here is my manifold (pumps haven't been cut down to size yet)

Two things I learned: If the pumps are laying on their sides, it helps to have the outlets pointing up. This allows air to purge out of the pump body and up into the hose. 2nd, dont have the pumps angled below the manifold. This will trap are in the manifold and prevent the pumps from priming.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Ok! Would one of these options work better then? I assume that the pumps have to be below water line or they won't prime, is that accurate?

Comment

Those configurations look better. The lower the pumps are, but not lower then the manifold, the better they prime.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

cool, I'll see which one I can get to fit the best. Thanks for the help!

One more thing, have you seen anyone run a mushroom on the transom for the pumps? I noticed on my buddy's Epic that he has all 3 pumps run across the transom, each one has it's own pickup with a little mesh strainer on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
            cool, I'll see which one I can get to fit the best. Thanks for the help!

One more thing, have you seen anyone run a mushroom on the transom for the pumps? I noticed on my buddy's Epic that he has all 3 pumps run across the transom, each one has it's own pickup with a little mesh strainer on it.
            Yep, Dogbert did. Works great, just cant fill will on plane. For those ride in dirty water, grates are a good idea. A 3" fits over a 1-1/4" shroom.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
              Yep, Dogbert did. Works great, just cant fill will on plane. For those ride in dirty water, grates are a good idea. A 3" fits over a 1-1/4" shroom.
              It's not a big deal because by the time you get your act together to ride, their full. I did use the Ballast Puppies, which have no issue with priming. Plus they were reversible. Been running them for 3 years now with no issues. I have a thread out there somewhere.
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
                It's not a big deal because by the time you get your act together to ride, their full. I did use the Ballast Puppies, which have no issue with priming. Plus they were reversible. Been running them for 3 years now with no issues. I have a thread out there somewhere.
                Link? I will hopefully be getting a 21V soon and would like to see what you did.

Comment

Originally posted by lohe View Post
                  Link? I will hopefully be getting a 21V soon and would like to see what you did.
                  A search for "dogbert" and "ballast" might give you some suggestions.

like this: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ogbert+ballast

Comment

Originally posted by dingleberry View Post
                    A search for "dogbert" and "ballast" might give you some suggestions.

like this: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ogbert+ballast
                    I was gonna make him work for it
                    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

So the 800's will screw directly into PVC fittings while the 1200's are a bit trickier?

Comment

Originally posted by Wakemaker View Post
                        So the 800's will screw directly into PVC fittings while the 1200's are a bit trickier?
                        yes, the T800 pumps are a more typical 3/4 male straight threads, where as the T1200 is an odd ball 1-1/8" male straight threads. The T1200's will work, you just have to be a bit more creative on mounting them to the manifold.

Comment

I'm currently installing aerator pumps for my ballast, and will use a single intake for two pumps just like you did.

Just wonder what configuration you finally went with and if your setup is working good ?

Comment

I actually went with a setup where they are side-by-side laying flat (no angles) and it works awesome. I will see if I can find a picture and post it.

Comment

Here ya go.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X