2016 RZX Factory Under Floor Ballast Bags Leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 RZX Factory Under Floor Ballast Bags Leaking

The factory rear bags under the floor on our RZX are toast with large leaks from multiple fittings on both sides. Looks like the previous owner might of even tried to repair them before. We never inspected them since they were under the floorboards and I honestly thought they were tanks until we went to inspect the source of water in the bilge.

Anyways, anyone have a good idea where to source factory replacement bags for that year and model? The front bags seem to be holding, but we are thinking about just doing a complete swap at this point with new bags and hoses throughout so this issue doesn't come up again for a while

If anyone has a good diagram of the plumbing it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!

-Baggins

I have a 1-off replacement OEM design for the rear sacs. Not sure I have a design for the front, but I can do one.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      I have a 1-off replacement OEM design for the rear sacs. Not sure I have a design for the front, but I can do one.
      Hi Chpthril,

How much for a set of new rears? They would go with the existing plumbing layout that came from the factory?

Shipping would be to Temecula, CA.

And what type of fittings would we need to use if we replumbed the system?

Thanks
      Baggins

Comment

The OEM sacs use a barbed fitting thats fixed to the sac. We convert those a 2-piece quick connect witch allows for some movement. This takes some load off the sac/fitting joint.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The OEM sacs use a barbed fitting thats fixed to the sac. We convert those a 2-piece quick connect witch allows for some movement. This takes some load off the sac/fitting joint.
          Sounds good, what would a pair of those run me shipped to southern california? And are those 1000 lb sacs? Will they fit the existing underfloor compartment same as the original OEM?

Thanks
          Baggins

Comment

chpthril ^

Comment

I’d also be interested in the same, and it sounds like I should change out fittings, as well. I have the same boat, and have fought with ballast leaks since nearly day 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I am also interested. I would like to add the PNP rear sacks additionally but my boat wasn't plumbed for PNP. Has anyone come up with a solution for a boat that wasn't plumbed for PNP?

Comment

Does anyone know what chpthril business is? I received a dm and got right back inquiring how to order but haven't heard back.
                  Thanks

Comment

Mikes liquid audio

Comment

chpthril Sounds like you have some interested buyers. Any details on ordering those sacs?

Comment

Thank you Bowzer. I tried to buy from WaveMaker and they haven't responded in 2 months. I gave up on them. I just sent an email to Mike's Liquid Audio. Hopefully I get a response

Comment

Sorry everyone! I mowed two lawns Friday Afternoon and checked out for the weekend.

Comment

Sorry everyone! I mowed two lawns Friday Afternoon and checked out for the weekend.
                            Thank you for getting back to me this morning. Looking forward to the extra ballast next year!

Comment

Does anyone know what steering cable is needed for the 2016 rzx? Our steering is extremely hard and that looks to be a potential fix.

Comment

Working...
                              X