Port side rear ballast bag not draining from display - 2014 RZ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Port side rear ballast bag not draining from display - 2014 RZ2

I recently upgraded to a 2014 Tige RZ2 and I love this boat, however, I am stumped by the following and hoping for someone else with similar problem and fix?
    • when trying to drain the port side rear ballast I get no response from digital screen
    • will drain water when switch under helm is activated, so assume it is not the pump
    • ALL bags will fill from digital display and port front, starboard rear and starboard front all drain from display
    Had dealership look at it and they said I possibly needed to replace the Medallion part# 1539-10325-01 (assuming computer). This looks expensive and hard to find...any other thoughts on how I could troubleshoot this issue?

It is a littlie annoying having to climb under by helm, remove cover baffles and find switch just to drain this single bag every time...there's got to be a better way. Appreciate ANY and all help.

Thank you,
    Jason

IIRC, the screen command its own fuse thats separate from the manual override switch. So pop the cover off the Viper box and find the rear drain pump fuse.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Over the weekend, I was finally able to pull the boat out and dig in. I checked the 5 amp fuse under the helm and looked fine. Also shunted the connectors eliminating the fuse all together, still no drain pump. The next thing I am going to try is swapping the stbd drain for the port to see if that will turn it on. If that works then I know there is something wrong in the board itself (I think!). If that is the case, I may need some help finding that board for sale, somewhere?

Would have done it this weekend, but you know had to actually go on the water for Labor Day!

Comment

$20 volt/ohm meter from harbor freight will tell you everything you seek without swapping any parts.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X