3D Printed Fatsac 3/4" Plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Printed Fatsac 3/4" Plug

I needed some extra plugs for the ballast bags in my boat on short notice so I designed some up quick and printed them. There's a spot at the bottom of the plug for an o-ring. I used a 23MM ID x 3MM thick one I had laying around.

If you have access to a printer and need some extra plugs, here they are:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6131238

DSC01498.JPG

DSC01499.JPG

Thank you! What were the dimension i should be seeing? When i brought it into my slicer it was extremely large.
    2005 Tige 24V Limited
    Fort Wayne, IN

Comment

Originally posted by TravisM89 View Post
      Thank you! What were the dimension i should be seeing? When i brought it into my slicer it was extremely large.
      If these are for the sacs I just sold you, plugs are on their way with the RCA and should get there in a few days via USPS flat-rate.

Fly High uses a weird 3/4" straight thread pitch.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post

If these are for the sacs I just sold you, plugs are on their way with the RCA and should get there in a few days via USPS flat-rate.

I need a couple for some old sacs I have laying around that I'd like to try selling
        2005 Tige 24V Limited
        Fort Wayne, IN

Comment

Originally posted by TravisM89 View Post
          The head of the knob is 1.5" OD. Units are inches, so maybe that messed up the import? I've attached a screenshot of the dims in PrusaSlicer.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by skidaddle View Post

The head of the knob is 1.5" OD. Units are inches, so maybe that messed up the import? I've attached a screenshot of the dims in PrusaSlicer.
            Now that you mention it, thats probably what happened. Mine was not set for inches. Thank for the advice and for sharing!
            2005 Tige 24V Limited
            Fort Wayne, IN

Comment

The threads are just NPS, nothing exotic.

For the plugs I designed, Fusion doesn't have external NP threads available so I just used BSPP, good enough for printed plastic parts in a ballast bag sealed with an o-ring.

Comment

Originally posted by skidaddle View Post

The threads are just NPS, nothing exotic.

For the plugs I designed, Fusion doesn't have external NP threads available so I just used BSPP, good enough for printed plastic parts in a ballast bag sealed with an o-ring.
                I am not referring to the threads on your application. Im referring to the threads in the custom Fly High sacs TM just purchased from me. Been a Fly High dealer for 15 years, they are not NPT.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I am not referring to the threads on your application. Im referring to the threads in the custom Fly High sacs TM just purchased from me. Been a Fly High dealer for 15 years, they are not NPT.
                  Ah, got it. So they used a different 3/4" thread on their custom sacs?

I've got some W719's, W705's, some Wakemakers Z1 bags, and a random 400lb bag and they've all got the same (or close enough that I can't tell a difference) 3/4" threads on them. Not NPT though, NPS.

Comment

Fly High uses a 3/4" thats not tapered and Wake Makers, as long as I can recall, has used a 1" tapered thread. Depending on how long ago you got the "wakemakers" Z1 bags, they may actually be Fly High built sacs, sold by WM. They were a ballast retailer before becoming a bag manufacture.

Comment

Working...
                    X