Ballast Upgrade on 2011 RZ4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast Upgrade on 2011 RZ4

I'm ready to pull the trigger on upgrading my ballast tanks. Unfortunately with the RZ4 I need more weight than my current system provides. Which brings me to my first question: how do I know if I have the standard, surf, or pro ballast system on my boat right now? I bought the boat used, it has a ballast system currently, but I'm not sure which one I have...

Next question is for recommendations on the largest, heaviest ballast system I can possibly put in an RZ4. I see a lot of people posting about Mikes Liquid Audio, but he's in North Carolina and I'm out in California. I found wakemakers online, but looks like 880# is the largest bag they sell, and because I'm not sure what ballast system I have I'm not sure how much heavier 880# is over what I already have...

Super disappointed with my boats wake, ready to do literally anything to beef it up. Tried a wake shaper and it just made the wake worse...

No worries, UPS delivers to CA

Base ballast: 900# with 400W in bow and two 250# hard tanks below rear locker floors

Surf: Base + a 350# above floor soft sacs in each rear locker

Pro: Surf with two 400# sacs in the bow.

Tige can run your HIN and tell if the boat has surf or pro, or you can access the bow cavity and see if its one U shaped sac or two large wedge shaped sacs.

Yes, that boat needs more weight, especially in the rear. This is why the shaper didnt work, it cant get deep enough without ballast. I rate our 24V/RZ2 custom sacs at 1300# each.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have a 2012 RZ4 with MLAs ballast front and rear and the wave is AWESOME! I use a nauticurl shaper and very happy

Comment

Great to see another OC Tigé Owner. I'm in San Clemente. MLA is the way to go! Good luck on your upgrade
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Working...
        X