2013 rz2 wake surfing set up???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 rz2 wake surfing set up???

Hi all, I just picked up a 2013 rz2, trying to figure out to set up the Ballest to get a big wave, a bit underwellmed at this point, can I pls get some advice? I have the plug n play bags and the avx and put a wake shaper on the side, still not that great.... I've tried some different configurations, worked pretty good, but still not there. maybe, I just need a lot more weight?

What is your current ballast/weight set up? To get a good wave you're going to want about 1500lbs (or more) on the surfside and about 60-75% of that on the non surfside. Speed between 10.8-11.4 taps 3-4 usually.
    I run my shaper on a downward angle about 16" forward from the stern to keep the spray from the shaper going straight back.

Comment

I think the rz2 comes with about 2000lbs of Ballest total. should I get at least 500 lbs of shot to help it out? Where do u place the wake shaper, just below the Tige emblem, or down below the ridge? How is it that I see some videos of older rz2's with no wake shaper, putting out good sized waves? I tried it, and the wake was lame.

Comment

Hi, chpthril, can u fit 1200 lbs sac's in the 2013 rz2 back corners? do u know how much is there with the stock plug n play?

Comment

Working...
        X