2019 Tige RZX STBD Ballast Screeching Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 Tige RZX STBD Ballast Screeching Noise

So got my 2019 RZX 20 out for this first time and everything was working great all morning.

Filled and drained the ballast tanks at least a couple times before lunch. Anyways, went in for lunch with my ballasts emptied and then tried to fill up to go back out again and nothing was happening.

checked the fuses and everything was good.

I then started checking each pump to see if one went bad. I cycled through each pump using the touch screen and notice that the STBD Rear was making a screeching noise almost like something was stuck in it.. couldn’t get it to work so gave up and decided to figure it out at home.

long story short, I brought the boat home and started trying to figure out what’s going on. Turned the switch on and off a couple times and compared the sound of the pump I thought was bad to the other pumps. It was definitely screeching compared to the front pumps and the port side rear pump.

I noticed some water was built up and removed the plug, and then let it sit for 30 minutes and tried running the pump again. That screeching noise went away and it sounds like the others now.

does that mean the pump is starting to go bad or do I have a short in the wiring that was amplified from the water?

any advice will help!

thank you!

Did you pull the top off the pump and see if anything was stuck in the cartridge? Either that or the pump was air locked and spinning without water.

Comment

They make that noise if the are air locked also.

Comment

Is there a way to test to see if they are air locked?

Comment

Working...
        X