2012 RZ4 fill time improvement ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 RZ4 fill time improvement ideas

My thoughts to improve my fill times on the 2 rear sacs are to go from the Johnson 1000 to shurflo 2000 and add 1 inch lines from pump to the hard tanks subfloor. The rear bags take 13-14 mins to fill currently. My understanding is hard tanks fill then thru PnP dump into bags. Thanks for any input or ideas.

I’ll get some pics of my current setup and send to you and see what you feel is the best option.

Comment

Go all out and add rule 3800s. Not sure how large diameter hose you would need.

https://www.hodgesmarine.com/rul17a-...harge-12v.html

Comment

In my 09 VE I changed the OEM Setup where the pumps fill the bag first and the bag then fills the hard tank below to have the OEM pumps and 3/4" line fill only the hard tanks and installed new 1" thru hulls, 1" hose, and 1200gph Tsunami's to fill my bags. My port side1200lbs bag is on dual fill/empty and my starboard side 610lbs bag is T'd off one of the dual inlets. I've never timed my fills but, it definitely doesn't take 13-14 minutes to fill or empty. I believe in running quite listed so it hasn't been an issue. The other option of course would be to have the starboard side on its own thru hull.
        If I was to do it all over again I'd highly consider ripping out the hard tanks and putting in custom bags that filled the whole space on dual fill/empty.

Comment

Working...
        X