Ballast capacity not accurate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast capacity not accurate

2017 R20. So since my electrical problem I had this year(i.e. now functions not calibrated)…and having to drain water after each surf sesh..concussion was sacks are leaking…I have realized my ballasts are maxed, but the ballast level on my Active touch screen reads less than 50% full…which resulted in over filling and blowing a couple seams by depending on the Active touch ballast levels to read %100 instead of checking to see if sacks full enough.
    I gone through all my settings. How do I adjust the Active touch ballast capacity to read what it really is??

….actually..would it have Something to do with my fill and empty times per my Active touch ballast settings?If I adjust those accordingly, I’m guessing that would help….?

Comment

Yes. Capacity readings are based simply on fill times. On my 2017 R21 I just time how long it takes to fill each ballast and add 15-20 seconds. Then do the same for empty. Seems to work pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Filling for too long should not cause the bags to rupture as the excess water should just vent out the top. If your bags are pressuring, then you need to make sure the vent lines are clean and not pinched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ya, that’s right…the vent tube should prevent ruptures…we’ll I’m guessing just the stress of maxing out the sacks and how the tubes are situated, results in stress at the seams, that eventually turn into leaks.
          regardless of vent tubes, I think adjusting the fill times after monitoring sack capacity will elevate leaking.
          I monitored my ballast fill last night on water and shut off prior to max capacity(per what the specs recommend)…and I definitely drained a lot less water.
          Thanks all!!

Comment

Working...
          X