Lead in R20 bow cooler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lead in R20 bow cooler?

Anyone have a thought on adding lead to the under-cushion bow cooler on the R20 (2014 gravity drain cooler)? I’m on a small lake and haven’t used the cooler in years but I don’t want to overload it and break anything. Any idea how well that cooler is supported and how much weight it could safely take? I’ve got other lead bags in the forward storage areas and it balances my 1,000+ lbs rear sacks nicely, but I would like to see a little more up there if I can do it without causing problems. Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

That’s a pretty good idea… and maybe even find a way to reinforce it if there is any space between the bottom of the cooler and the deck. Which plastic panels do I remove to see below? Trying to picture which ones but nothing is obvious - going from memory.

Comment

Ok so the light just went on… that cooler sits on top of the rest of the deck just like all the seating, chairs, etc. I had in my mind that it somehow sat below the floor and I was worried about that, but I don’t think it does. If that’s true, then anything in that cooler is no different than just tossing weight on the floor in the bow if the cooler wasn’t there. Does that make sense? And if so, I should be able to fit 150-200 lbs of lead up there without giving up any creature comfort space. 200 lbs a of lead … I.e. the big guy that doesn’t get a turn … Should fit in the cooler. I like it! Am I missing anything?

Comment

Working...
      X