Ballast leaking at port seams.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast leaking at port seams.

I have a 2017 R20… I’m draining about 5-10 gallons of water out when I pull my plug on ramp. it seems like a lot, but I am guessing it mostly from leaks on my ballasts.
    I have witnessed a couple of leaking spots at the hose to ballast stitching, not the hoses or fittings.
    Any recommendations on sealant I can use that I with stand filling and emptying of the ballasts…? Or other fixes??

I use HH-66 for gluing bag fittings. Let it kick off a bit before bonding

Comment

Thanks! Ya, I figured with the sac repetitively filling and emptying, that any sealant will just separate sooner than later. And also, yes it has crossed my mind the stress that is put on the connections due to the angles of the hoses….resulting in leaks are terminal.

Comment

Just went though this on my 2013 Z1. Both front bags were leaking from the seam where the connections were. I tried to use a couple of difference adhesives and it didn’t work. Ended up ordering brand new bags from WakeMakers which were great quality and are plug and play. Also very reasonably priced. Got two new bags + all the proper fittings to make it plug and play for less than $500.

Comment

Thanks! Ya, figured new sacks might be the only solution.

Comment

Working...
          X