Ballast leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast leak

So I’m draining approx 5+ gal of water out of boat after surf sesh(i.e. filled ballast)…water doesn’t drain when level, but I discovered when going up hill, water was draining out, when I stopped n checked, it drained for over 5 min. I assume I have a leaking ballast…but when I fill and empty ballast I don’t see a bad leak that would leak as much that drains…sure they all leak a bit here n there.
    I can’t access driver side ballast.
    1. Should I be concerned if water isn’t draining when level?
    2. Should I bother asking Tige dealer service to find leak…being as it will prob keep happening..or$$..??
    can’t imagine it’s good to have that much water sitting in hull.
    It is a pain to find a hill to drain water after each lake sesh. though.

Ya ok.
    Leak at bilge??
    I noticed my bilge doesn’t activate or put out water when manually activated.

Comment

Hey thanks!
      I’ve never had to fill a bilge to test if works. Would hate to fill and not be able to drain if bilge not working.
      But back to your 1st response to this thread…what do you mean “but it would not end up in the bilge, just back in the lake….”?
      Only water exiting the boat is when emptying ballast and bilge….? And as far as I know, not enough water is building up in bilge to activate or manually…unless it’s not working.
      Still doesn’t explain where the waters coming from… I guess I will have to have service look at bilge and ballast, being as I do have ANOTHER service appointment coming up, now for my gas gauge not being calibrated.

Comment

Working...
      X