Recommendation on custom ballast bags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendation on custom ballast bags?

I just ripped out my hard tanks on my 2008 RZ2, and moved the batteries looking to get custom bags to made. I've emailed and PMed Mikes Liquid Audio, but haven't had any responses from him. Does anyone have recommendations on where to get these bags made up? I have lots of room to fill.

Attached Files

Check you email in-box, replied about 20 mins ago. I am ballz to the wall full-on into the upgrade season.

That pick answers the question I was getting at in my email. No locker wall, but going all the way back to the transom, or are you goin to build new back walls as if the boat was built with no factory ballast?. We would need to do a 1-off of my existing design to add a little extra to the end of the sac, if extending to the transom. Thats not a big deal, just need to get some dimensions.

Are you going to move the TAPS pump? I would not want the weight of the sac resting on it.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Let us know how it goes! I have been thinking of ripping the walls out of my 24ve as well but then relocating batteries will be a PITA.

Comment

Originally posted by kdammen View Post
        I just ripped out my hard tanks on my 2008 RZ2, and moved the batteries looking to get custom bags to made. I've emailed and PMed Mikes Liquid Audio, but haven't had any responses from him. Does anyone have recommendations on where to get these bags made up? I have lots of room to fill.
        How was it taking the hard tanks out? Any pointers? I’m doing it in the next couple weeks. And did you just push the batteries back further?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Moving the batteries was super easy. I just coated plywood in some fiberglass, and mounted the batteries on them. All my wiring was long enough, so no splicing. Everything is so much easier to access without the hard tanks in place. I had to reseal the swimdeck bracket, so the hard tank had to come out anyway.

The tanks were not too bad to remove. I cut the hoses and wiggled the tanks out in one piece. The whole project took less than 3 hours. I still have to build new walls, and that could take some time.

Attached Files

Comment

I have an 08 RZ2 and did the same thing but didn’t move the batteries behind the motor just moved all the way back.
            I used HDPE for the panels and installed aluminum U channels on the floor.
            I ordered full custom bags from Wakemakers based on my measurements.

Comment

Originally posted by JWehrheim View Post
              I have an 08 RZ2 and did the same thing but didn’t move the batteries behind the motor just moved all the way back.
              I used HDPE for the panels and installed aluminum U channels on the floor.
              I ordered full custom bags from Wakemakers based on my measurements.
              Any pictures??

Comment

I just placed my order with wakemakers too 2-3 weeks. I was able to get 1165lb bags in stopping just behind the cupholders. So I don't loose any under seat storage space. If I were to move the batteries all the way to the back wall I wouldn't loose much ballast. Probably would have been a bit easier, but I liked them behind the engine since that was dead space anyway.

Comment

Comment

Just finished this project up. I highly recommend wakemakers. They were incredibly fast to respond and easy to work with. These bags probably fill to about 1100lbs. I don't loose any of my forward storage. I made speaker protectors from 6" PVC end caps.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Kdammen,
                      What material are you using for your side walls? I am considering using Starboard (or a knockoff) composite rather than coated plywood if I need to upgrade mine after ballast. I hate the idea of putting wood in a boat after dealing with transom rot in my last ski boat.

Comment

Originally posted by N.Penley View Post
                        Kdammen,
                        What material are you using for your side walls? I am considering using Starboard (or a knockoff) composite rather than coated plywood if I need to upgrade mine after ballast. I hate the idea of putting wood in a boat after dealing with transom rot in my last ski boat.
                        You should not need to rebuild the engine divider walls if you upgrade your ballast.
                        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I used fiberglass laminated plywood on mine. I didn't feel like spending the money on starboard, although I think it would be a great fit. I had to rebuild my dividers because I had factory ballast with L shape dividers.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post

You should not need to rebuild the engine divider walls if you upgrade your ballast.
                            Thanks. That’s good to hear.
                            BTW I just emailed you and am stoked to get my ballast installed.

Comment

Originally posted by N.Penley View Post

Thanks. That’s good to hear.
                              BTW I just emailed you and am stoked to get my ballast installed.

With your boat, we typically just need to reinforce the bottom engine divider retainer, which we do during an install. The engine divider wall itself and the rear locker wall or solid.

Comment

Working...
                              X