24ve front ballast plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24ve front ballast plans

I have an 09 24ve that I love with Enzo’s on 1200 gpm tsunami pumps in rear lockers. No front ballast. I am getting ready to install a front sac. Think I have decided to stick with tsunami pumps. Wondering if anyone has advice or pics on where to locate the through hulls both fill and drain,where to locate the drain pumps themselves (bow or midship locker, and how to route the fill hose. I was thinking I’d run it over the fuel tank but based on some recent posts I have reviewed makes it appear they are typically run under the gun whales (sp?). Posted awhile back and I can’t find my posts…sorry for the repeat, appears originals were removed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an 09 22VE. The red pumps are the OEM pumps that are up against the gas tank in the photo. From the factory they were set up for Dual Fill/Empty. The drains are located port and starboard inside the front lockers. I can try and get you better pics as to those locations and the routing from the pumps.

Text me: six 0 Four - 8 three 5 - five 6 three 6 and I'll send you a bunch of pictures.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks BCRider. Text sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the same model - 2009 24Ve - and at present I have one of those horseshoe shaped Fat Sacs in the front. I will be switching to, and recommend that you install, a pair of longer/larger Fat Sacs to take full advantage of all the volume in the very front of the bow section.

The 24Ve really benefits from bow weight, particularly when surfing goofy but really in any surfing situation, so packing as much ballast up there as possible should be your goal. The horseshoe fits but leaves a lot of unused volume because its "inside profile" (if that makes sense) doesn't match the deck's, and it doesn't even get close to filling the space forward of the bow eye. I suspect this change will add at least 50-75% more forward ballast to my present setup, and when I've simulated that with a standalone add-on Fat Sac up there it's had a very positive effect.

Just my $0.02. Good luck with whatever you choose to do, the 24Ve is a true classic. I've had many offers to "upgrade" and have turned them all down.

Comment

Hello Guys,

i just purchased this boat, 2007 Tige 24ve, no ballasts at all, i just ordered 2 custom L shaped bags for the rear lockers from Wakemakers, 800lbs each, should I just do the front bags right away or will this be ok for the time being, it was an expensive month!! lol.

and I am new to this Tige page and tow boats in general. so not much experience. Will I need to do anything else?

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Elias View Post
            Hello Guys,

i just purchased this boat, 2007 Tige 24ve, no ballasts at all, i just ordered 2 custom L shaped bags for the rear lockers from Wakemakers, 800lbs each, should I just do the front bags right away or will this be ok for the time being, it was an expensive month!! lol.

and I am new to this Tige page and tow boats in general. so not much experience. Will I need to do anything else?

thanks.
            800# customs from Wakemakers? Mine are 1300#. Cancel that order and get get your sacs from me.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Elias that boat will benefit from more weight than 800 in each locker. I had a 2006 and ran 1100 in each locker as well as 400 bow weight then loaded with people. It threw a great wave.

there are folks on here that weighted their 24ves even heavier than mine and have killer setups.

I would look into the bags that Mike (chpthrl) can order. It will make a big difference.

great boat

Comment

Thanks guys, I’ll check in with wake makers, I went with a recommendation from a friend that had the same set up from wakemakers, but he had a 22VE, his through a nice wave aswell, but the more I read, he 24’s need more weight. chpthril, what can u order? And from where?

Comment

Elias,

I do custom ballast and im a self-appointed Tige expert. I offer a custom 24ve rear locker sac. And if your fried wants more weight, we also offer a 1200# custom 22ve sac.

We can also build you a plumbing setup or fix you up with over the side pumps.
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Highly recommend chpthril and his bags. With a 24VE you definitely want more weight than 800's. You'll also want to do the bow right away especially if you have goofy riders.

Comment

No question: Cancel the order for the wimpy 800 pound sacs and order everything from Chpthril. He's the expert on ballast components, hands down, period. Plus he's super supportive of the Tige community and folks like that deserve our commerce. What goes around, comes around.

As to ballasting the 24Ve: I run fully custom, absolutely enormous Fat Sacs in both aft sides (~2500 pounds each) and wouldn't go a gallon less than Chpthril's Sacs if you plan to surf. The 24Ve has a HUGE hull with lots of wetted surface, you want as much ballast as you can possibly squeeze in there. She'll reward you with a wave that rivals some ocean beaches. In my case I went completely hog-wild and hollowed out everything in the aft lockers down to the hull and back to the transom; you may not want to go that extreme which is another reason why Chpthril's Fat Sacs are the proper solution.

In my bow I have a 400 pound horseshoe and plan to upgrade that to dual Sacs with as much capacity as will fit. As mentioned above, the 24Ve really wants a lot of bow weight as far forward as you can get it. It's literally essential for goofy side surfing (almost impossible to get a clean wave without it), and normal side benefits a bunch too by lengthening the wave out.

Short answer: Cancel the WakeMakers order, get on the phone with Chpthril, and do what he recommends. Then report back here with photos of the resulting wave. It will be amazing and we all love to see the results!

Comment

well, just got off the phone with Wakemakers, they already made the bags and shipped out. Not sure why Wakemakers wouldn't have suggested a bigger bag, I will post them on line, maybe i can sell them and order the bags from Mike. A buddy of mine has a 500# bow so I will use for now and re-coop. wish I got on here earlier, and talked you guys before making the order. unless anyone on here knows someone that would benefit from these bags...thanks for all the info guys. will be in touch with Mike for sure.

Comment

What is WakeMaker's return policy? Maybe you can just ship them back unopened.

Here's their return policy cut and pasted from their website: Your satisfaction is our biggest priority, which is why we gladly accept any brand new, unused product still in the original packaging for up to 365 days from the date your order ships. Used products are not eligible for a return. Any ballast bag filled with water will void its eligibility for a return.

Sounds good! Maybe if you refuse delivery they will go back with no extra shipping.

Comment

I just copied and pasted that to the support team at wake makers, not sure if it applies to custom made bags, but fingers crossed. Lol.

Comment

I'll bet that's the excuse, but the language doesn't exclude custom bags. And it even explicitly discusses bags - how they have to be unused, dry, etc. I'd push back if they hassle you.

Comment

Working...
                              X