Ballast RZ2 and 22v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast RZ2 and 22v

Hey! Sorry, my English is bad. can you help me please? how can i improve the wave behind my boat? (tige rz2 2007 and tige 22v 2006). how much ballast is better to put forward / backward / left / right? I have a homemade surf-system like malibu surf gate.

For surfing, those hulls are essentially the same. With that generation boat, the biggest questions is, do the boats have the factory ballast?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have extra ballasts and factory boxes in the back. at 22 I put the small boxes back. on rz2, large ballasts lie in the middle of the boat under the passenger seats (I removed the refrigerator on the right side) B2890F65-5C39-478D-AE81-6EF1C8A550D8.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by Hda1994 View Post
        Hey! Sorry, my English is bad. can you help me please? how can i improve the wave behind my boat? (tige rz2 2007 and tige 22v 2006). how much ballast is better to put forward / backward / left / right? I have a homemade surf-system like malibu surf gate.
        Post some pictures of your surf system, I'd love to see what you made.
        I'm also running a DIY surf system on my 22v. I'm running evenly loaded left to right. I have a pair of W712 sacks in the rear, approximately 1150 lbs each. W711 V bag in the front under the seats, I'm guessing 250lbs, a W707 in the isle with about 600lbs. I have 300 lbs steel shot ballast bags on the front bow seat and 250 lbs behind the isle bag.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cucv View Post
          Post some pictures of your surf system, I'd love to see what you made.
          I'm also running a DIY surf system on my 22v. I'm running evenly loaded left to right. I have a pair of W712 sacks in the rear, approximately 1150 lbs each. W711 V bag in the front under the seats, I'm guessing 250lbs, a W707 in the isle with about 600lbs. I have 300 lbs steel shot ballast bags on the front bow seat and 250 lbs behind the isle bag.

While the wetted hulls of the 22V and 22ve/RZ2 are very close, the OEM ballast configurations are vastly different.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

9748C988-E2E1-415B-A84E-7025A594696C.pngAC6EACCD-028C-444D-8DAC-539A643D4FAA.png
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm still learning how to Ballast my boat and the surf system but I'm finding the gates on my 22v which are similar to yours like bow weight.

Comment

do you have a regular / gufy wave photo? I don’t understand why rz2 has foam at the top of the wave (long thin streak), but 22 doesn’t. when I look from below, they have the same bottom (by eye) 2EEC1686-26E7-49BD-90CE-6F808AE21CC6.png 22v
                8EC2F4BB-C3C4-4CF7-91BD-4C22E0F5C3BF.png2F84C764-B57C-4CBC-BC94-79E609A1C865.png rz2

Comment

This is early last year before the isle bag and steel shot ballast bags. I could get rid of the line of the front with more gate deployment but I was loosing push from the wave. The line has alot to do with how the water comes off the back of the boat around your stowed gate and swim platform. I found if I listed the boat or unevenly weighted it left to right I could get rid of it. With more bow weight I was also able to get rid of it with the gate without sacrificing push.

Comment

The 07 RZ2 stock swim platform cut in to the wave causing it have some slight wash, it would still push, it just didn't look good. I originally changed mine to a new one at the time which was a 2009 and that helped

What is your speed and Taps weight? I weigh my 2014 RZ2 almost evenly but put about 500-600 more pounds on the surf side but I also use a wake-shaper. Speed is 10.6-11mph with TAPs on 4.

Comment

I think it's a swimming platform, I'm planning to do it already. what are your dimensions of this platform? speed 11.2-11.8. all ballast is full (in the photo above I showed how much). I usually have 7-8 passengers. one person sits in the front, two in the back on the wave side (above the engine), three in the saloon on the wave side and one on the other side. taps 3-5.

Comment

you have a lot of ballast, usually no passengers? which motor? tell me which propeller do you have? what turnovers? (I usually have 3200-3500)

Comment

On the RZ2, id want those 400# mid-ship ballast tanks all the way aft in the rear lockers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hda1994 View Post
                            you have a lot of ballast, usually no passengers? which motor? tell me which propeller do you have? what turnovers? (I usually have 3200-3500)
                            Typically 4 people and 2 dogs in the boat while someone is surfing is when we run all the Ballast. If we have more people we don't run the isle bag and may or may not bring steel shot ballast. When we don't have the isle bag and steel shot ballast the boat is heavy in the rear and the rpms are higher like 3500 rpm. With all the ballast the rpms drop more like 3100 rpm, letting the hull do the work. 1617 prop. 340hp 5.7 engine.

Comment

For the RZ2, you really need to get more weight in the rear lockers. You can achieve this on the Port side by getting rid of the battery box, make a shelf for the batteries at the very back, in front of the engine pulleys, then make new rear piece for the new ballast bag to rest on, you can actually get a custom bag that is 1600+ lbs that fills the rear locker and goes under the rear seat and along the side seat. Your 400lb bag up front is fine, but for longer wave add lead up there. The Starboard side is easier, just relocate the TAPS pump and move rear panel to create more space for bigger bag (1100 lbs). I also got a 2013 + swim platform from the dealer that was a warrenty throw away to solve the line the stock one creates. They still like to be listed a bit to surf side for best results. Have Fun...

Comment

Working...
                              X