Ballast Filling and Draining At Same Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast Filling and Draining At Same Time

Hi All. Not new to boating or to WB boats but this is the first Wake Boat I’ve personally owned. Just bought a 2015 RZR. Seems to have every option that was available when new.
    Took it out for the first time today. Could tell immediately it was heavier than it should be when empty as I was low speed maneuvering off trailer and around dock. (When boat was delivered to me one external bag in back was approx 1/2 full) so I switched the ballast to “empty all” and for the next at least 20 minutes the boat was draining out all four drains. All the while the two bags in the rear were filling??? Almost as if a valve was stuck open? When I would switch to fill the draining would stop so nothings reversed.
    Anyone seen anything like this? At the moment I don’t need ballasts so if there’s a way to manually close the intakes for them I would do that until I get the boat to the dealer for service.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!!!!

What about draining each corner individually? You can reach down into the bilge and feel/hear for any fill pumps to be running then they are not supposed to be.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

chpthril admittedly I never thought of trying the corners individually. I’ll definitely give that a go. Are there valves though for the filling of the tanks that could be stuck in the open position?
      If there’s a separate fuse for fill pumps I’ll just yank it until I get it into the shop for service.

side thought. I think it was taking water into the ballast without the Fill All or Empty All being turned on.
      Last edited by Brentr82; 08-21-2021, 10:50 PM.

Comment

No valve stuck. The fill pumps should only run when in fill mode.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Update. For sure all pumps are coming on when the battery is turned on so somewhere somethings totally Fd in the wiring would be my guess.
          anyone know of the ballast pumps are on their own fuse, independent of the bilge? I’ll just pull the ballast fuse and figure it out as I go.
          thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            No valve stuck. The fill pumps should only run when in fill mode.
            the fill pumps are turning on when the battery is turned on.

Comment

chpthril do you know offhand if the ballast pumps are on their own circuit, independent of the bilge? I’m thinking if I just kill the circuit until I get the boat to the dealer at least it’s useable. Thanks.

Comment

Yes, the fill pumps have their own circuit and circuit protection from the PDM to each pump. I do not recall there being a manual fill override, just the manual drain override.

Comment

Working...
                X