2007 RZ2 Prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 RZ2 Prop

I tried searching past threads but nothing super concrete.
    Looking to upgrade my prop for 2007 RZ2. Right now still have the stock Acme 537 and want something that gets out of the Hole quicker and planes quicker and is just better for surfing and boarding.

We do 85% surfing/wakeboard. Small lake so losing top speed not big deal. Elevation approx 2700 Ft
    Typical Ballast setup is approx 2000 lbs of ballast plus around 2-5 adults

WakeMakers show 1433 or 1617. Acme Website shows 1235 or 1873.

Leaning toward trying the 1235 as they are easy to find used and i feel the 1617 might be a little overkill as we dont have a crazy ton of ballast.

Any feedback from members? thanks in advance

ACME 1235 is a proven performer on that hull.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

the 1433 is a smaller version of the 1235 to avoid a trailer clearance issue on some boatmate trailers. If you don't have that issue, get the 1235.

Comment

Thanks everyone! No reason to go with a 1617 in this instance?

Comment

No, the 1235 will give you similar hole shot and speed holding as the 1617, but will not have the RPM increase you get with the lower pitch, smaller dia 1617.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have run the 1617 for 6 years on my 08 RZ2 (Marine Power 340HP). Fully loaded (ballast, gear, passengers) I'm well over 3000lb., great hole shot, very consistent RPM and speed on flat water, pretty good fuel consumption and I run about 6000ft. in elevation.
            If I'm not surfing, I'm making money to surf.

Comment

Another vote for the 1235, that’s what I run on my 07 22VE (same drivetrain and hull).
              I load mine up for surfing and it’ll still hold at 2800 RPMs at 11.6-12 mph. It also will still cruise the lake at a decent clip at 3500 RPMs.
              These boats sip fuel compared to the new boats.

Comment

Working...
              X