What Type of Ballast Pumps on 2016 R22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Type of Ballast Pumps on 2016 R22?

Does anyone know what type of ballast pumps I have? Fill times are a bit slow.

Is there a standard upgrade? Or maybe I just need new impellers.

Type? They are live well aerator pumps. No factory upgrade. They do no have serviceable impellers.

They are rated at 20 GPM at the pump outlet. However, an aerator can be 20% slower by time the water hits the sac/tank. Have you timed them?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have not timed them. It just appears slow to me. Maybe I need to adjust my expectations.

Are they Attwood, Shurflo?

Comment

Attwood. Tsunami series T1200.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Unfortunately, they are just slow IIRC the small front bags on ours are timed around 3min and rears are 7 or so with the add on bags in the lockers. This is based on the sub floor bag setup not sure what year Tige switched to that system.

Comment

Originally posted by cramer View Post
            Unfortunately, they are just slow IIRC the small front bags on ours are timed around 3min and rears are 7 or so with the add on bags in the lockers. This is based on the sub floor bag setup not sure what year Tige switched to that system.
            The timers do not control the flow rate/speed of the pump. They just monitor the run time of the pump and populate the ballast gauge based on the algorithm. So if the gauge shows 100% or the pump is shutting off (y/m dependent) before the vent is purging, then the timer need adjusting.

One reason I suggest timing them with a watch, is to know if you are dealing with a actual slow flow rate or just long fill time due to the ballast capacity.

Comment

Thanks all. I'm assuming they wear out eventually? My boat has 135 hours. Seems like they should be just fine at this point. I will time each one and adjust accordingly to see if that helps.

Is this as good as it gets with regard to flow?

BTW.........I can't quote, like, etc.... on my browser. IDK why.

Comment

These types of pumps typically just die a sudden death, as opposed to "wearing out" and dying a slow death.

There are faster pumps, but they are typically larger in size. This can be problematic to fit them in the existing spot. You can add additional pump, but again, there are challenges.

Comment

You could replace them with the Shurflo 1500 or 2000 livewell pump. Much faster pump.

Comment

[QUOTE][The timers do not control the flow rate/speed of the pump. They just monitor the run time of the pump and populate the ballast gauge based on the algorithm. So if the gauge shows 100% or the pump is shutting off (y/m dependent) before the vent is purging, then the timer need adjusting.

One reason I suggest timing them with a watch, is to know if you are dealing with a actual slow flow rate or just long fill time due to the ballast capacity./QUOTE]

Where did I say the timers control the flow or speed of the pump?

My posted time for full ballast was to give a benchmark point for comparison. The original question was if the pumps we under performing or not.

Comment

[QUOTE][You could replace them with the Shurflo 1500 or 2000 livewell pump. Much faster pump./QUOTE]

How would you hook these pumps up? Is there a female thread on the bottom?

Comment

It has a female also, so just use a piece of threaded brass.

Comment

Working...
                        X