ATX 22S CUSTOM BALLAST BAGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATX 22S CUSTOM BALLAST BAGS

The biggest improvement with any Tige boat is weight, weight, and weight. I am trying to have custom ballast bags for the back lockers that will maximize the water ballast that can be placed. I have reached out to FATSAC and they have quoted me $495 for each side including 3 disconnects so it is plug and play ready.

My original design is below but they mad me simplify to the second design.

Does anyone know of any other place to request a quote from? Also, is there anyone else interested in joining on the order that they may consider discounting the cost for the group?

Currently I am filling a secondary ballast bag on top of the stock ballast bag to get more weight for our goofy side surfing. Very tired of manually filling the second bag!

Open to any input someone may have.

Wakemakers makes their own bags as well.

You may want to post on the ATX FB page as well if you haven't already. Probably a bit more ATX owners and traffic over there.

Comment

I have reached out to Wakemakers and have posted on FB, thanks for the suggestion. Initially forgot about Wakemakers doing it. Estimated weight of bags full is over 1990 pounds each. If I could do away with lead in back locker that would be great.

Comment

Have you talked with Mikes Liquid Audio chpthril ? He is a wealth of knowledge before doing anything I would at least speak with him!

Comment

Mike can have bags made as well but, if I remember correctly he's just going to Fatsac anyway. I'm sure he'll chime in and confirm.

Comment

I messaged him earlier and waiting for a response. I had talked with him last year about custom bags.

Comment

yes, olwake did PM me. Ive been running 1000 miles an hour with a 100 irons in the fire with most of my attention focused on the home front for the past 6 weeks.

Fly High does build my custom sacs, so at the end of the day, they have the final say on how complex of a design they will build. Looking at the shape and estimating the design, I think the price they quoted you direct, would be pretty close to what it would be if I quoted it.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Mike I hope all is well at home. Thanks for the response and recommendation. I will update this post once I get the quote from Wakemakers as well as how well they work after install.

Comment

I finally reviewed the quote from Wakemakers and they are able to make the original maximum volume design with a Quote of $479 with total volume weight would be 2070 lbs. I am waiting for a response if they will offer a discount for a group buy and will update at that time. See below for design

Comment

Did you purchase one and did it fit?

Comment

I purchased the custom bag and no regrets. So happy to not be adding lead or extra bags to the stern. Still working on the weighting of the bow, but unlimited weight for the Stern.

Comment

Working...
                      X