Vent Line for ballast Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vent Line for ballast Opinion

When I installed my ballast system I did not consider and think of the placement of the vent line for my rear bags in regards to pitch and roll...I plan to move the right bag to vent on the left side and left to right side to left too minimize or eliminate the draining while underway. Any other recommendations I appreciate, this forum have helped me immensely.

It's also your drain lines that should go to the opposite side of the boat. I use rubber corks in the thru hulls on the side of my boat to stop passive draining. I found no matter how your route the lines the big bags just have that much weight in them to force the water out with that pitch and roll. The drain and vent lines would have to be higher than the locker themselves to stop passive draining. It's either corks or inline ball valves.

Comment

I have the same situation and have done some reading on the topic. I was going to cross the vents left to right but read some negatives but no personal experience. I've read that some put valves in the vent lines. I just bought a bunch of hose so I can try crossing the lines or venting at the bow.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats actually something I considered was adding bow vents as a better way to vent. I have valves on the vent lines so water only goes one direction. To note I have jabsco king reversible ballast pumps for my setup

Comment

BCRider I have 1 1/8 lines and the ball valves are 1 inch what would I use to tie into this?

Comment

If you are running the listed, then cross-venting works great. If running more evenly weighted, not so much. Some check valves actually aid in stopping or dramatically slowing draining. In my ballast kits, I supply 90* vent thru-hulls as they also help to prevent passive draining.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

chpthril I would like to add a reversible system for my bow, I have the bow bag but want to add a complete system. In regards to current system should l add 90 degree vents, I am open to suggestion and listening.

Comment

Working...
              X