22ve engine compartment dividers broke loose from the floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22ve engine compartment dividers broke loose from the floor

Hi all - do you have any tricks to keep the engine compartment panels in place with a heavy ballast bag in the lockers? The floor channels broke free on my second time out with the bigger bags.

I was thinking I could re-attach the plastic channels then screw down some aluminum angle stock on the inside. Maybe get some bigger screws…is there anything in the floor that I need to be careful not to screw into? I do not have hard tanks below deck.
    Attached Files

became a searcher,wanting to discover who i was and what made me precise. my view of myself turned into changing. i desired a stable base to start from. i commenced to resist3 stress to behave in ways that i didn’t like any greater,and i used to be delighted by who i in reality become. i got here to feel a good deal extra sure that no one can ever take my region.
    voip phone

Comment

That's what I am doing... angle iron on the inside with an extra screw or 2. I have hard tanks below, so screw length was a concern for me since they did not all appear to go into the stringer. I did not have any issues with the bag side channel support. YMMV.

Comment

I have the same time of channel in my 09 ve and I've never had an issue with the large 1200lbs bag leaning on it. My divider is bowed from the weight but it has never pulled the channel.

Comment

You need to be sure to pre-drill the stringer for the screws. If you just try to buzz them in with a cordless tool they won't hold

Comment

Thanks! Dumb question time…but is the stringer circled in the yellow area of my pic in the top post? Is it all fiberglass down there?

Comment

Mine was hdpe below the carpet. I used angled aluminum to reinforce the channel. Never had a problem after making that fix.

Comment

Originally posted by red68yota View Post
                Thanks! Dumb question time…but is the stringer circled in the yellow area of my pic in the top post? Is it all fiberglass down there?
                Basically. It's thru the floor so you have to run screws long enough. If you look at the aluminum angle that the motor mount sits on it will show you the stringer. The aluminum angle is lagged to the stringer.

Comment

Working...
                X