Hard tank removal in RZ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard tank removal in RZ2

Anyone have any pointers for removing the factory hard ballast tanks on an 07 RZ2? Really want to swap them for larger sacs.

You can keep them, relocate the TAPS motor and batteries, rebuild the lockers and go with a custom L shaped sacs. This retains the 250# of each tank.

Leave them and go with a custom double-L sac.

Remove them, move the TAPS motor and batteries back along the transom.

The biggest issue is that if you plan to reuse any of the old plumbing, the pump bodies get brittle with age. If you try to move the drain pumps or take the hose off, etc, the outlet nipples break off.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

As usual Mike nailed it!!

My personal choice for this vintage is to grab the air saw, cut the tanks apart and pull em. Then run relocate batteries and taps pump forward and build longer engine dividers out of HDPE. You can run some massive bags after that.

Don't forget....the tanks stick out towards centerline and make rudder work and steering cable work a PITA. Life's easier with them gone IMO

Comment

I went with one of Mike's ~1200lbs sacs in my ve and kept the hard tanks in place. I then installed new dual fill/drain pumps for the large sac and re-plumbed the hard tanks to be independent. I also have 100lbs of lead on either side just in front of the hard tank where the step is and have no complaints about the wave I get now.

Comment

Working...
        X