Ballast not filling up? Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast not filling up? Help

I’ve noticed On my 2018 R23 that while my computer says the rear bags are filling 100% they are clearly not full, in fact it looks more to be like 30% when it’s maxed out. Is this a timer problem or are my ballast impellers bad? Also, how to I access the bags in the bow, as far as I can tell I can’t see where they are to access them as none of the cushions in the bow fold open... TIA

Are the bags actually filling? Quite often they look around 30% when drained as you never end up getting them completely empty.

You can disconnect the fill line quick connect and see if any water is coming out. Quite possibly an air lock, lift up your floor while filling and look at the pumps it will be easy to tell if one is air locked.

Comment

Ya they are filling and emptying just not filling up all the way. I was going to adjust my timers for more fill time but I don’t think it should take that long to fill up all the way...

Comment

What size are the sacs? The pumps are rated at 20 GPM, but can be as low 15 GPM in reality. From there, you can do the math to get a round about time to fill/drain.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Great info! Thanks! I don’t know how big they are but I will call me dealer and check!

Comment

I called Tigé and they said my sacs are around 1100 gallons, is that right? Seems like a long *** full time if that is true

Comment

That would be 9,100# each, so id say it was pounds. That would be 133 GAL. So about 7-9 minute range.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Cool, thanks!!

Comment

Ya, lol 9100 # might be a problem

Comment

What are your timers set to? My fronts are ~5min and rears are ~10min. Going off memory.....I’ll see if I can find a pic of my timers.....at start of each year, I adjust my timers until water comes out overflow /vents then add 30sec....this ensures bags are full

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bax View Post
                      I called Tigé and they said my sacs are around 1100 gallons, is that right? Seems like a long *** full time if that is true
                      1100lbs each rear
                      400lbs each front
                      In theory, rear should take about 2.75 times longer to fill then fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X