Adding 2nd bilge pump 2007 22ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding 2nd bilge pump 2007 22ve

I just finished adding a second bilge pump right behind the gas tank. I noticed a lot of water gathering there when I went to test the stock bilge pump. The amount of water that needs to be in the boat for the rear stock pump to turn on is ridiculous. Now I used a Y connection to attach the two pump lines to one thru hull. I read this isn’t the best idea but my new pump will turn on about an hour sooner then the stock pump. So now my thinking is the stock pump is a back up if the new pump fails. Thoughts on this? Does everyone else have this problem? My boat will be in a wet slip all season, I did this so I can sleep better at night.....and no I can’t have a lift at my marina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would suggest a check-valve between the original pump and the Y. This prevents wated from the new pump, draining back to the bilge through the original pump.

Some bilge pumps have these valves in the outlet already, so you may have one. If the pump has a thread-on outlet fittings, this is where you'd find the check valve.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      I would suggest a check-valve between the original pump and the Y. This prevents wated from the new pump, draining back to the bilge through the original pump.

Some bilge pumps have these valves in the outlet already, so you may have one. If the pump has a thread-on outlet fittings, this is where you'd find the check valve.
      Darn I just took the check valves out. I had them in then read about them not being a good idea, but maybe I’ll put that one back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2005 22V here with same issue. The bilge in the back won’t work until there is WAY too much water in the boat. May try moving it to where you put your second. Good luck!

Comment

I built a diy dry bilge like a Seaflo system for our 22v. I was going to mount it but built it with alligator clips to test. It works well and easy to drop in when needed as we store on a lift. The Seaflo is timer based and $180.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X