Ballast pump location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast pump location

I’m finally getting around to the ballast install. Mike @ Mike’s liquid was great and got me hooked up with everything I need to install 3 reversible pumps and a bee box sac.

After looking at this for the past hour, I can’t decide where to mount the pumps.

#1. Behind the rear seat inboard of the front side panel braces

#2 cram them down near where the through hulls will go
    I’ve got some good space on the rear stbd corner, next to the taps pump. I think I’d have to fab something to mount them on.

What have you guys done?
    Do these talulah pumps need to be mounted vertically?

Pros/Cons of each?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like Gumby noted, do not locate below the waterline. They can be mounted horizontal. IF you mount them vertical, orient them with the pump head DOWN not up.

Next to the TAPS motor is a good spot for the STBD side sac pump. The locker in front of the helm is a good spot for the bow sac pump. Forward engine bay wall for PORT sac pump.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

This is how I installed my pumps. Maybe not the best but I did the install with the boat on the lift in the water with limited tools. I just wanted to drill and didn't want to fabricate parts. Easy access to impellers for winterizing and maintenance. I like the rack Gumby has for his pumps.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X