Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakeboard set up 2019 R23

hey guys,

We just purchased a 2019 R23! The boat puts out an amazing surf wave, but we also have a few serious wakeboarders in the family. Any tips on getting the best wakeboard wake? We have three batteries on the left side so the boat has a natural lean that way. any tips on getting a clean wake?

Thank you!

only way ive had success in cleaning up both sides for wakeboard is go faster than im comfortable (24ish). can get one side clean at slower speeds. perfect balance also helps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

100% ballast up front, 60-80% in the rears depending on crew, TAPS at 1-3, speed at 22-23MPH. Just fill your starboard ballast slight more to compensate for the batteries. The R23 is a little tricky to get perfectly balanced, but throws a solid wakeboard wake for intermediate to advanced level riding.

Comment

The slowest I’ve gotten a clean wake in both sides is right at 21mph. I have 900lbs of lead in the boat for surfing, so I pull all lead from rear and put mid ship under seats and a couple bags on floor next to cooler and at drivers feet. It’s very sensitive to side to side lean, as in I can pull on the rope hard and make the boat lean enough to wash out the wake opposite of where I’m riding. I will shift lead side to side to get the right balance. I also put some water in the front, somewhere in the 50% range. Now this is the slowest/smallest wake setup.

For larger wake, add ballast in the rear and front which will dirty the wake, then speed up until the wake cleans up.

Other option is just lean the boat and have a good wake on one side!!!

Edit: just re-read the post. You say serious wakeboarders, so you’ll definitely want some weight in the rear too...just 400lbs in lead all the way back to keep the rear deeper in the water will definitely get the wake very rampy....but you’ll be upwards of 23mph to get it clean...just like guys above said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Bamer; 04-24-2021, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cnote View Post
          only way ive had success in cleaning up both sides for wakeboard is go faster than im comfortable (24ish). can get one side clean at slower speeds. perfect balance also helps.

Do you leave your lead in the rear?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB313 View Post
            100% ballast up front, 60-80% in the rears depending on crew, TAPS at 1-3, speed at 22-23MPH. Just fill your starboard ballast slight more to compensate for the batteries. The R23 is a little tricky to get perfectly balanced, but throws a solid wakeboard wake for intermediate to advanced level riding.
            How well does it get up to speed with this weight? Do you have the L-shape bags in the rear? 800lbs in front and 1100lbs each side in rear?

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post

Do you leave your lead in the rear?

no, weight more balanced, if not slightly forward. how much will influence wake size.

Comment

My slowest setup at 21mph with all lead midship and water in front still has a sizable wake that’s not too intimidating for beginners but still big enough for intermediate riders. If you hit the wake with 70% or more effort, you will still fly....

If your doing inverts, then you’ll want more weight plus your better off going little faster anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post

How well does it get up to speed with this weight? Do you have the L-shape bags in the rear? 800lbs in front and 1100lbs each side in rear?

Yes, 1100 in the rear and 800 up front. If you have 900lbs lead and run a full crew, you're going to have to drain some ballast because it will struggle to get on plane depending on engine and prop.

Comment

Yes, 1100 in the rear and 800 up front. If you have 900lbs lead and run a full crew, you're going to have to drain some ballast because it will struggle to get on plane depending on engine and prop.
                    What prop do you run and what engine do you have?

Comment

I don't have a Z3, but have driven and ridden behind them a bunch. Raptor 400 motor and either Acme 537 stock or the the Acme 1235 which is a bit better. I didn't really try any other props. I'm at 800' elevation.

Comment

I don't have a Z3, but have driven and ridden behind them a bunch. Raptor 400 motor and either Acme 537 stock or the the Acme 1235 which is a bit better. I didn't really try any other props. I'm at 800' elevation.
                        Must have been the 1235, I had the 537 and I couldn’t even surf with it unless I keep the bow super low.

Comment

Working...
                        X