2020 25ZX Surf setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 25ZX Surf setup

Just took delivery, love the fit and finish. First time in the Tige family. Love the boat. We had a quick surf session yesterday, and out of the box the wave was ok. 4 adults and 4 kids (under 11). GO system, all ballast 100 (including the PNP aft bags). Just felt like we couldn't clean up the wave and lengthen it out. I'm sure someone has a 25ZX dialed in (440 engine).

What speed and settings?

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
      What speed and settings?
      TAP 4, played with the "swell" on the CLEAR screen all the way up and down. 11.2mph

Comment

TAPS1- 4, played with the "swell" on the CLEAR screen all the way up and down. 11.2mph

Comment

We have a 2020 25ZX and our wave with 100 percent ballast full with plug and plays is perfect every time. We ride between 11.3 and 11.6 depending on rider and usually have the wave setting at a 1 or 2. We played with about 450 pounds of lead for a week, mostly put it up in the bow and it made the wave maybe slightly longer but honestly didn't do a ton. I am really shocked you don't have a clean wave on both sides. You sure your gsa tabs are deploying properly?

Comment

If you want to see our wave look up reecesherdan, cadensurf, and kirkcjohnson on instagram. We have a ton of surfing pics and vids on there.

Comment

Originally posted by akdoc View Post
              We have a 2020 25ZX and our wave with 100 percent ballast full with plug and plays is perfect every time. We ride between 11.3 and 11.6 depending on rider and usually have the wave setting at a 1 or 2. We played with about 450 pounds of lead for a week, mostly put it up in the bow and it made the wave maybe slightly longer but honestly didn't do a ton. I am really shocked you don't have a clean wave on both sides. You sure your gsa tabs are deploying properly?
              Super helpful, and checked those IG's! It is super clean. We will be back out tomorrow and over the weekend, and should be able to get it dialed in. donald_fleischman on IG. Nothing there yet with the Tige though!

Comment

You have the front plug and plays correct? If you want to check you gsa tabs you have to go to dealer settings enter code 9191 and go to surf then hit the = and click right or left. Make sure the tabs are deploying and retracting all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by akdoc View Post
                  You have the front plug and plays correct? If you want to check you gsa tabs you have to go to dealer settings enter code 9191 and go to surf then hit the = and click right or left. Make sure the tabs are deploying and retracting all the way.
                  Yep, and everything is functioning properly. May have found the issue. Will know more as soon as the weather lets us get back out.......

Comment

Well, I think we know the problem. Now, fixing it....Port locker PNP bag and both bow bags won't fill or are SLOW to fill. STBD locker PNP bag fills fine, and seems that the subfloor fills fine. Put my hands on all the pumps in the bilge, all were "running"

Comment

Look at the hose and see if the water is flowing when the pump is on.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
                        Look at the hose and see if the water is flowing when the pump is on.
                        Tough to tell looking at the hoses coming off the pumps. As for the fill hoses in the bags, a slow trickle, if anything

Comment

Look under the port and starboard side seats and you will see the lines.

Comment

If you’re having issues with pumps priming, I know there was a recent thread on here for a RZX (I believe) where the 1 way valves were mounted in a vertical orientation causes water to sit in top of the flappers in the 1way keeping them close enough that the pump couldn’t start flowing water. Not saying this is your issue, but something to check or look into....

Koolaid chimed in on the thread with pics of how the install should be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X