Accessing front ballast in 2015 Z1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accessing front ballast in 2015 Z1

Had a great holiday, no issues for the first summer with our new to us z1. I was wondering how you are supposed to access and inspect the front ballast bags on a '15 Z1?
    There doesn't appear to be any way to remove the front cushions and I can't find any guides /photos /pdfs on how to access the bags.
    Presumably you have to unscrew some of the plastic panels in the front port storage area and /or starboard heater /storage area? Even then though I can't see how that is going to give you a lot of room to evaluate the bags or connections

Yes. Take out the HDPE in the amp/spotters locker storage area and in the other side at the heater. The fill and drains are right there and easy to access. The vent is on a barbed fitting on top of the bag and you have to disconnect fill and drains and yard thr bags out to get to it.

Its not enjoyable but I'm 6'1 and 265# and have always been able to change bags when needed up there.

Why are you wanting to inspect?? You think you have a leak?? Just the curious type?? Bag not draining/venting??

Comment

Thanks for the info, I'll get some beer and take the panels apart and just do some investigating.
      I just like to know where everything is, never had any issues this far but I'd hate to be on the lake and something go awry and not know how to get to it.
      Knowledge is king and for the life of me not find any documentation online about the front ballast.

Comment

pr0cs, did you ever get access to your front ballast? I was winterizing my 2016 Z1 today and couldn't get any fluid out of the port front ballast, although we put about 3.5 gallons into it. Both the inlet and outlet pumps are coming on, inlet works great, but outlet pump is not pumping any fluid out of it. I'm guessing either its pumping onto the floor, or just too week to pump it out. It worked fine at the lake this summer.........

Comment

Here is a pic. Amp side is best to access from. Takes some 4 letter words but you can work old bags out and new bags in from amp side.
          Attached Files

Comment

I just need to inspect to make sure my empty hose isn't kinked or pump impeller shot. Where is the empty pump located?

Comment

They are attached to the base of the bags. They are aerator pumps not reversible, so no impeller.

Comment

The empty pump is usually located in the lower part of the pump housing or near the suction port. You should be able to access it by unscrewing the lid or by removing the pump from the system.
                minotaurfightstore

Comment

Working...
                X