2011 RZ2 Ballast Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 RZ2 Ballast Upgrade

I am looking at replacing the Surf package stock 350 lb rear Ballast bags with the bag buster 880 lb bags. My current bags habe 2 fill and 2 drain ports and I believe the new bags would have 3 and 3. How do I plumb this? I do not want to lose screen automation to fill and drain. Any help or advice would be appreciated? I also want to replace front bow from 400 lb U bag to 2 separate 400 lb bags
    Tbird

I have 1200# custom sacs that are plug-n-play with the Surf ballast. No need to reinvent the ballast plumbing wheel with these.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Ok. Can you send me details of these?

Comment

we had a 12 22ve which is the same basic hull. single bags up front and rear hard tank/300lb bags.
        upgraded to chpthril's 1200lb custom sack mentioned above. best money we spent on the boat. it was plug and play for us the first outing but we also upgraded pumps to dual fill/drain on the rear just to speed up fill times that winter. wave was amazing.

reach out to chp and he will sell you everything you need from bags to pumps/hoses IF you decide to add them. his customer service is second to none and answered my questions on a saturday night via email while installing the pumps.. can't beat that....
        2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
        2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Ok. I have 2 drains and 2 fill now but don’t want Ballast going to far forward under seats that we use for storage.

Comment

We can accommodate. Whats too far forward? The locker only holds about 600# at best, so anything more would have to be a custom shape. if its longer then locker, then it wont fill completely.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Ok. what is best way to chat about what I need? I can give you email or text. I want to maybe do one side first but have plans for both lockers and bow. Do these bags have more than 2 fill and drain?

Comment

The factory plumbing to the sac is; 1 vent, 1 fill and 2 gravity drains into the sub-floor hard tank.

Comment

Ok Thanks Chpthril. Where can we talk description of bag and price etc? Email? I am in Canada so there is shipping too

Comment

If a guy needed 3/4 in hose and clamps where would he go? Just so I know. Lol

Comment

Any hardware store has your hose clamps.

I had Mike add extra fill and drain ports to my bag and so I run dual fill/empty on my 1200lbs sac. I also separated my hard tanks to be on their own to help increase fill times. Running 14 pumps altogether.

Comment

chpthril,

I also have a 2011 RZ4. Currently it has the stock ballast which i believe is 500 rear and 400 front. You cant see the rear ballast bags as they are covered by a carpeted floor in the locker that says not to exceed 80 lbs. Is it safe to put a fat sac on top of these? If not how do I go about switching out for bigger ballast, I saw you only mentioned the surf and pro ballast options presumably because you can see the bags and its easier to plug and play.

Comment

Originally posted by LTRZ4 View Post
                          chpthril,

I also have a 2011 RZ4. Currently it has the stock ballast which i believe is 500 rear and 400 front. You cant see the rear ballast bags as they are covered by a carpeted floor in the locker that says not to exceed 80 lbs. Is it safe to put a fat sac on top of these? If not how do I go about switching out for bigger ballast, I saw you only mentioned the surf and pro ballast options presumably because you can see the bags and its easier to plug and play.
                          No issue putting a sac on the floor.

Sounds like your 2011 has the base level sub-floor ballast. In these cases, we mock the factory Surf/Pro plumbing and use the same sacs.

Comment

Hi Mike. I am a little confused on how the ballast system works. I have two hoses on bottom of sack which look like they come from hard ballast under floor? Then I have one vent and one fill from top? Do I have a separate pump for hard tank ballast? I have stock Tige surf package. 1600 lbs.

Comment

. I have two hoses on bottom of sack which look like they come from hard ballast under floor? Then I have one vent and one fill from top?
                              This is correct. Each rear locker has one fill pump and one drain pump that service each hard tank/soft sac. Water fills into both tank and sac. Tank fills first, then all fill flow goes to sacs.

Drain pump draws from tank, and soft sac gravity drains into to tank.

Comment

Working...
                              X