2016 RZ2 left rear ballast bag emptying problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 RZ2 left rear ballast bag emptying problem

2016 RZ2 left rear ballast bag emptying problem. The factory bag broke as the drain fitting pulled away from the bag and the local dealer here had a used bag that they gave us that is almost identical but slightly larger. We have installed it and it works well, but we have now found that there is an issue with draining. Because there was a problem with the previous bag we don't know if the problem existed before or if it is something brand-new. We suspected it had issues before but we didn't know it because the fitting was leaking so badly. The bag will empty for only 30 seconds or so and then it quits with only maybe 5 or 8% emptied. We have tried to verify that there is no kink in the drain hose or bag. again, it does function correctly for a very short. Of time and then just stops. Does anyone have a thought of how we could do about finding the cause? Thanks so very much!

With the sac full, open the floor and close the fill pump ball valve, surf. if sac still drains, open valve, refill, then plug the vent outlet with a cork or rubber stopper. If it still drain, refill and move plug to drain outlet.

If it still drains, then again refill, this time, plug the vent and drain. If it still drains, then uncork one of those, and try one cork and closed ball valve. If it still drains, move cork.

The trick is narrow down to which path(s) the water is taking. Once you know where the water is going, you can then address the issue.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Mike, thanks so much for taking the time to respond. Unfortunately my problem is not with the bag inadvertantly draining, but with not draining. Sorry if I was unclear. The problem is that the pump only comes on for a very short period of time and drains only 5-8% of the bag then stops. So the bag stays almost full all the time. When I reach down, I can feel that the pump is working for that short period of time, then it just stops. the ballastcballast level indicator on the dash counts down showing that the bag is empty, though it is not. Any advice I would sure appreciate. Thank you again!

Comment

If the percentage reaches zero and the pump stops you can press drain again on the screen and it should run drain until you tap stop on the screen(when it quits venting). Im assuming this is what you are doing while trying to diagnose?? If so I'd find you way to the PDM diagnostic screen and see if the drain pump is has a fault....

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Just thought I'd post what the issue was. Found that the issue was in the drain pump itself. Just literally had to pop out the inner part of the pump and pop it back in. Something must have been not aligned quite properly, etc but it's all working now. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X