No announcement yet.

2019 R20 looking for ballast setup help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

19' R20 and I added custom bags L that go under the seats as we are on a small lake so no need for the storage. Wave is great but the time to fill and empty take a while like stated above. Has anyone found new faster pumps to install? I found out the factory Tsunami pumps are not covered under the 5 year warranty so I would like to get larger faster ones for the entire system.

Comment

I purchased the new Livewell 2000 by Shurflo. You can take a look at them on BOE Marine. They look like a much better pump. I haven't tried them yet but I did install them in my 17' RZX3
      2017 RZX3

Comment

Faster pump are out there, but the issue is that they are typically physically much larger. This can pose a problem mounting them too existing inlets. Not only do they need to fit on the bilge, but their orientation needs to be such, that you prevent air lock.

Another option, which ive done in the past, is to add supplementary fill pumps that run parallel with the existing. This basically doubles the flow rate. You still have the same challenges of fitting them into the bilge in a way they dont air lock, but it can be done.

If your customs have an extra port on the back you can also add a supplementary drain pump.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X