Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Z1 Front Starboard Ballast Inlet Leaking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Z1 Front Starboard Ballast Inlet Leaking.

Took a look today as to why I'm still seeing excess water in bilge and front storage compartment being wet. As I checked the fittings on port and starboard side front ballast I found a leak, pretty significant, coming from the seal where the Grey bag is sealed to the Orange threaded inlet. Not the black threaded connector to the orange inlet. Has anyone else experienced this scenario? The seal of the bag to the fitting has failed.
    I did notice that the port side bag laid over top of the starboard side bag towards the front of the boat so it seems as the weight of the port bag being full and laying directly over top of the inlet fitting for the starboard bag may have put excees stress on that seal / seam.

https://youtu.be/zw8-s8G66Zg

Any thoughts to prevent future issues?

Can you post a more focused pic of that connection? I think the sac is toast.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Its iphone video...super clear on phone but got severely degraded in posting.
      I could send by text and it should be much better can you pm a number to text you?

Comment

Dont need to see the water leaking, just a pic of the fitting.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I didnt get any pics just video.

Comment

Take a screen shot during the video playing on ur phone.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a similar leak last year in my rear PNP bag drain port. It is a wakemaker bag that came with the boat. My dealer had to order a replacement under warranty, so I tried to seal it up while I waited for the new bag. I successfully sealed it with super glue. The first application was applied from the outside, but after drying I could feel the bag was not sealed all the way through from inner to outer edge of the connector. Then I applied glue from the inside of the bag using the vent port to access the inside of the drain port. Even after the second application, I could feel an area that was not glued well so I did a third application from the inside. Each application I waited a day to cure. I sealed it in August last year and made 5-10 fill /empty cycles on it. Even the dealer was convinced it was sealed when I took the boat in the fall and they just gave me the warranty bag for backup. So far this year we have made 8 lake trips and still sealed.

Long story short, try super glue....glue it from both outside and inside, but I’d order a new bag for backup.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely new bag needed but I dont know coverage since I had taken the extended tige and extended indmar warranties since I purchased z1 used.
                I am still trying to get clear video from iphone to transfer clearly.

Comment

image_49899.jpgimage_49899.jpgimage_49900.jpg Finally some pictures of leak.
                  Last edited by Ironrequiem; 06-28-2020, 01:15 PM.

Comment

leak IMG_0362 (1)_Moment.jpg

Comment

Definitely sac failure if the leak is anywhere other then from where the hose clamp is. The black plastic 90* is part of the sac and not serviceable. Those are built in-house by Tige IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                      X