RZ2 rear ballast drain pump access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZ2 rear ballast drain pump access

I have a leak either in my rear ballast piping or drain pump. Chpthrll suggested checking for a leak in the drain pump. I am assuming the pump is located under the false floor in the rear locker. Any pointers on how to remove the floor to access the pump. Thank .

The pump is at the back of the hard tank up against the stern of the boat....ie straight down from the Taps pump or below the batteries on the port side. I've never pulled the floor but you'd have to remove the engine divider walls and rear walls for sure. Not sure how it may be secured after that.

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
      The pump is at the back of the hard tank up against the stern of the boat....ie straight down from the Taps pump or below the batteries on the port side. I've never pulled the floor but you'd have to remove the engine divider walls and rear walls for sure. Not sure how it may be secured after that.
      after that is all pulled there are two to three screws that go into the floor by the engine partition. Then you can fold that thin side over to the wide side, lift up false floor and push it forward.
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

I finally got it out. Drain pump was cracked. I also noticed my TAPS pump bracket is broken. Any idea on where I can find a replacement bracket?

Comment

What the brackets material and function? Id look at fab'ing one and calling it a day.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
          X