Location on Lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location on Lift

I have a 2012 RZR new to me that i am putting on my vertical cable lift. I have arranged the bunks to match the trailer and there is good clearance for the fins etc. My question is how do a locate the boat (front to back)? Currently I have the rear crossmember centered under the engine (assume that is where the bulk of the weight is) but that puts the boat pretty far forward. Is this the ideal location? Thanks for the insight!

Is it possible to have a bow stop fitted?

Comment

Originally posted by SKSailboatshop View Post
      Is it possible to have a bow stop fitted?
      I could do a bow stop, not sure I need it as I live on a pretty quiet section of the lake and I can reproduce location on the lift pretty easily. I was trying to determine where the cradle should sit under the boat to balance the weight as best as possible. Should the rear cradle cross member cross under the center of the engine compartment? Don't want to damage my new baby by locating it poorly.

Thanks for all the help

Comment

Originally posted by rgossett View Post
        I could do a bow stop, not sure I need it as I live on a pretty quiet section of the lake and I can reproduce location on the lift pretty easily. I was trying to determine where the cradle should sit under the boat to balance the weight as best as possible. Should the rear cradle cross member cross under the center of the engine compartment? Don't want to damage my new baby by locating it poorly.

Thanks for all the help
        If your bunks are matching the trailer bunks, then the location of the cradle wouldn't seem to matter much. I'll see if I have a picture somewhere, but my 22Ve sits on bunks that are mounted to a cradle on wheels, that ride on a track into the water. I only have 2 sets of bunks (vs trailer that has 3). I have the rear ones, and front ones... didn't do the middle ones. All good for 3 years.

Comment

the trailer for my rzr has 2 long bunks in back and 2 shorter bunks in front. The lift only has 1 set of bunks which I essentially matched to the rear set on the trailer. The lift bunks are longer so not an exact match. If I put the boat all the way forward on the lift (i.e. the bunks line up near the back of the boat like on the trailer) the boat sticks out from the canopy on the lift. Wondering how far back (how much of the stern) can be hanging off of the cradle/bunks. I will live with the bow essentially lining up with the front edge of the canopy if that is the best option, but would like to move the boat back to line up under the canopy better. Then more of the engine bay will be hanging off the back of the cradle and seems that that would be shifting the weight unevenly.

Comment

I understand. IMO, I wouldn't let more than a foot of boat hang out past the bunks. Any way you can mount the canopy further forward? My friend with a hoist and canopy set up did that.

Comment

Thanks for the help ericinmich, that was roughly what I assumed for location on the lift, but wanted some other thoughts on it. I hadn't thought to adjust the canopy location will have to look at that. Thanks for the idea and confirmation.

Comment

Working...
              X